Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an option, .009" over and take them down a wee bit.
9af86abcf9781980c20c8aa57fdb403e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
How would they be taken down .009 ?

I got this monster to work on next. Got a few issues and missing parts but I think it's all surmountable. Compression is great and the belt looks good.

It does need the underside carb guard and a choke shaft.

View attachment 874744
This is my 5-30N it was complete minus the sparkplug cover.
2a2d3b2408ccbe79690aa1ef206f1c72.jpg
e4adac269a8763cf3d0b94ffce7dc672.jpg

Oh heck fire Al. I was thinking the outside edge. LOL
I can do that with a file.
I am in for a set of 2.009. You want me to order from him? It would save you the trouble of sending to me.
Clint

https://www.ebay.com/itm/400324530531
Use the drop down and see his 2"x.0625" are out of stock right now.

Hey Clint you can order them or if you wait until his 2" stock is back.
I have an old model 17 that I'm not planning on doing anything with, I can pillage the rings out of that.

Al D.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/400324530531
Use the drop down and see his 2"x.0625" are out of stock right now.

Hey Clint you can order them or if you wait until his 2" stock is back.
I have an old model 17 that I'm not planning on doing anything with, I can pillage the rings out of that.

Al D.

Thanks Al.
I'll try and order the 2.009 from him. Since the pin is gone in the bottom grove, I can taylor the rings to fit with no pin.
Clint

The plan is to get some cut that match the homelite bolt pattern just trying to get a visual.
How about a few for the Remington cousin while you're at it? It's the one Homelite part that doesn't directly fit the PL-SL4's etc. There are actually two sizes and I found this larger version on ebay for a PL-4 I was rebuilding. Good size without being overkill and eating up too much bar length. Could easily be adapted to a Homelite pattern also.

Attachments

• Remington 64501 Spike.pdf
    97.7 KB · Views: 6
I’ll see if that pdf works, if not you may have to just trace the spike on a piece of paper and mail it to me that way they can scan it.
What’s the hole size and distance on center? that may help.

Latest posts

Back