Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 360 blew a spark plug a few weeks ago. The transformer held it in place and it kept running. After I shut it down for running funny it wouldn't restart. I wasn't as lucky as you I had to rethread the jug. Took it as a opportunity to put in new rings. I thought for sure the transformer was junk as it took a beating. Put it on my other 360 and it started right up. Homelites can be tough sometimes.

Homelite 20 mcs

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Tihs is one of two Homelites I just got this saw has great spark and belt looks like new

anyone got a spare coil, condenser, points set that'll work on a C5? also could use a p&c that doesn't have any spalling on the jug.

I do as I have a c-5 with a scored piston so I'm only assuming the coil and electronics are all good. PM me if you want it or any other parts it might have.

I have two good C-5s on hand and this third one is a parts horse.

Any of you fellers know the air gap for the coil and flywheel for a homelite SXL12?

I tried looking it up and couldn't find it anywhere on the net. So i thought i would try here and see if anyone here would know.

Last edited:
Any of you fellers know the air gap for the coil and flywheel for a homelite SXL12?

I tried looking it up and couldn't find it anywhere on the net. So i thought i would try here and see if anyone here would know.

A business card stuck between it is correct setting.

A business card stuck between it is correct setting.

Thanks struggle i'll give that a try. I got a member on here that bought a solid state coil and he said the saw still isn't getting spark for some reason. I'll let him know about this forum here maybe you all can help him out.

Homelite 750 with factory chain brake

A friend recently found a Homelite 750E which is fitted with the factory chain brake clutch cover. I have done a small amount of research on the option, and it appears that there are not too many of these around.
I would be interested to hear from others who have seen or own one of these machines - 650's as well.

Chris.

A friend recently found a Homelite 750E which is fitted with the factory chain brake clutch cover. I have done a small amount of research on the option, and it appears that there are not too many of these around.
I would be interested to hear from others who have seen or own one of these machines - 650's as well.

Chris.

Some market made them mandatory sooner than others. Canada and Europe were among the first I believe

Lee:)

thanks!

How about the 200 Classic?? It looks to be a newer version of the 200, but does anybody know what year(s) the 200 Classics were made and what was changed over the 200's? Did the 200 take the place of the XL, XL2, Super 2 or ?????

thanks in advance!

I had a 200 Classic. It was a super 2 (one trigger) tarted up with a chain brake, fast idle latch and muffler guard. Purge bulb in the fuel cap to boot. Oh, and LIMITERS on the carb. Yikes! Sold it two weeks ago. I'm betting it will lean seize.

Chris.

I have a 550 Chain Brake.... they are fairly uncommon too.

I had a 200 Classic. It was a super 2 (one trigger) tarted up with a chain brake, fast idle latch and muffler guard. Purge bulb in the fuel cap to boot. Oh, and LIMITERS on the carb. Yikes! Sold it two weeks ago. I'm betting it will lean seize.

thanks for the heads up. Are the limiters hard to remove on these? I found a brand new one, never been ran and don't know if I grab it or not. I have an XL I use for limbing but am on the lookout for another similar one in good condition.

Chris.

Here's pics of one off a Super 650. Think its the same parts used throughout the series. This is the only one I've ever came across. Been harder to find than 750 pistons :msp_biggrin:.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dan

Thanks for the photo Dan. Here is a photo of the 750E fitted with the factory brake.

Chris.

attachment.php

I never realized the 650-750 had a chainbrake option.
Thanks for the pic's Chris and Dan.
Chris, Your saw has the two holes on the handle for the
hand guard as well.

Lee

Another oddball is the brake for the XL-925. Never even knew they existed until a while back a few were sold on feebay. Think they were from a fire department.

Dan

Back