Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice coupl'a work horses up there :rolleyes: perched nicely upon the "crummie". I noticed the the muffler on the SEZ is one ive not seen before o_O I wondered if it was a type of forest muffler or a mod job?

Thanks. Yes that 1971 IHC 1210 4 door 4WD pickup certainly fits the crummy role. May have actually been a crummy at some point in its life. Went thru a few owners before me. That S E-Z muffler is part of the "Super E-Z AOW" (Western) kit. The kit consisted of that muffler (which has a standoff to satisfy the forestry requirements out here in the 1970's) as well as the full-wrap handlebar. The kit is listed separately in the S E-Z IPL's. A member here installed an NOS Western kit on his pristine S E-Z a while ago. There were pics a couple hundred pages back in this thread.................but they may or may not be lost now.

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you and yours too! The full-wraps for the E-Z/XL-Mini/etc saws come up every now and then. One of those complete NOS Western kits was on feebay last year.

Occasionally I run across them at the scrap and pick them up for cheap. Unfortunately the pickings have been slim of late. Happy holiday season to all.

Hey all, im hoping someone can help me get this 2100 clutch figured out. When i received the saw, it was fitted with a bushing and collar. It appears there is brass on the i.d. of the drum and seized to it. i suspect this with the pictured collar were mated successfully for some time. Well worn now though. I bought a roller bearing from feebay and unfortunately, its none to close to fitting anywhere. The o.d of the bearing is .820. The i.d. of the drum with brass is .690 :( So now im wondering if the pictured drum is particular to use with the bushing setup? And was there a different drum in use for the roller setup? Or did i just get the wrong part? It seems as if i reamed the brass out of the drum, my bearing would still not quite fit the i.d. so what am i missing here fella's? Thanks ahead, and happy holidays to you all :D

Press the bronze bushing out of the drum an measure its o.d.. The bore of those drums are normally made to be the outer race for the Torrington rollers.

You do want to use the Torrington inner race (the hard sleeve thingy in the pic.).

Push comes to shove, its easy to modify a bronze bushing from the local hardware store to make one that will fit.

:rolleyes: Thank you sir for the direction. Im not sure what i received is a Torrington roller, but its nice to know what i'll be searching for. Also good to know the bronze is removable. Great info! Thanks again ;)

few homie pics
Bars hanging in the shop looking for a home - dibs go to psuiewalsh but none of them need to live with me :)
IMG_3366_zps7e8b41f5.jpg

IMG_3367_zps440a5d4c.jpg

and some Homies that are hanging out at a local shop

IMG_3369_zpsdecf6fbf.jpg

IMG_3370_zpsaa69bd70.jpg

I am also looking for a piston cylinder and rings for a customers fathers forestry service restoration of a 770G, any help greatly appreciated.
Dave

That's a fair price. All the bars pictured with the open slot (with the squared forward end) fit the XL2/Super2/180/200/240/245/Bandit/LittleRed type saws. The bar with the closed slot probably fits the 290/300/340 Solo built saws, or maybe the CS50 and other 'box store' type Homelites.

Can anyone tell me the chronological introduction order of the the following saws; 350, 360 and 35SL. If you look at the UT numbers it would appear that the order I have them would be correct. The 35SL has the highest UT number. Any opinions welcome.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can someone tell me if the splined pto was exclusive to the 2100? Did the 2000 use the same splined crank? I have what i thought was a 2100 based on the Super style pto cover but more things are pointing at a 2000. Just trying to identify what i have here. Cant seem to find any numbers either. No tag. Thanks guys :confused:

2000s used a threaded clutch as did the 2100 (as in not the 2100 S or Super 2100). The 2100 S (for Standard) and Super 2100 used splines. The 2100 S had a 3/4" clutch. Earlier Super 2100s used a 7/8" clutch and later ones (for some reason that maybe someone can fill in) went back to using the 3/4" as used on the 2100 S.

Dan

[quote -
2000s used a threaded clutch as did the 2100 (as in not the 2100 S or Super 2100). The 2100 S (for Standard) and Super 2100 used splines. The 2100 S had a 3/4" clutch. Earlier Super 2100s used a 7/8" clutch and later ones (for some reason that maybe someone can fill in) went back to using the 3/4" as used on the 2100 S. - Quote]

Dan

Dan, thank you very much for the info. I have the 3/4 clutch and splined PTO. However i can just barely make out what appears to read 2000 just behind the fuel cap. Paints worn pretty good. Also the mono color red enamel to include the air lid had me wondering o_O. It seems clear now that i have a super here. :rock:Thanks again!

Back