Homelite Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan_M0822

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have two old homesite chainsaws. They both have spark but are struggling to get fuel. I think the first step would be to check the fuel filter? Could I use any chainsaw fuel filter replacement? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0762.jpeg
    IMG_0762.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 1
I have two old homesite chainsaws. They both have spark but are struggling to get fuel. I think the first step would be to check the fuel filter? Could I use any chainsaw fuel filter replacement? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
The fuel filter is a good place to start, but you are likely to also find dry, cracked or broken fuel lines that need replaced. If that doesn't get you running, you might need a carb kit. Is that an XL-12? O

The fuel filter is a good place to start, but you are likely to also find dry, cracked or broken fuel lines that need replaced. If that doesn't get you running, you might need a carb kit. Is that an XL-12? O
I’m not sure what kind model it is sorry. I will order new fuel lines too as that was the case when I maintenances my rotor tiller. Do you know if I can use any chainsaw fuel filter or do I have to order specific ones?

You should be able to use any fuel filter really, but I’m not certain as Overlooker said. I have a very similar saw. Also like Overlooker said, if new fuel lines and filter don’t do the trick, you’ll probably have to rebuild the carburetor. Nice saw!

I'd start with cleaning that saw first. You won't be able to make repairs without getting dirt where you don't want it.

An XL12 is likely to have the large felt wick inside the tank, not a flopping fuel line. The fuel line in that case is all external. Look for the filter thru the tank opening on the bar side.

Latest posts

Back