• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Homelite Super XL 925 82cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Sam

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Relatively new here; I'm from Prince Edward Island, Canada...first post in Trading Post.

Picked this Homelite Super XL 925 a while back, had my fun with it and would like to pass it on to someone that is into these old saws.

I picked it up from a fellow saw nut who had a collection of Homelites he was selling off.

Saw is in amazing shape for the vintage and starts and runs perfect. Starts 2-3 pulls from cold everytime I've tried it.

I've blocked some big dried hardwood with it...82cc's, no antivibe; just set it on the log and let 'er rip!

It's got a 20" Windsor Sprocket Tip Bar and a Stihl Skip Sequence Chain that I filed and dropped the depth gauges on to speed her up a little. Doesn't bog or hang up at all...just chews.

May need a little tuning as it seems to load up and want to stall if you let it idle after a long cut.

Saw would be much better suited to a 28"-30" bar but I've got at a MS461 and just aquired a 660 for the really big stuff. Kinda feel bad using this old saw as it's in such nice shape.

Anyway, sorry for being so long winded...looking to trade for a Pioneer P-60 or maybe a P-52 or P-62 in similar condition for my father as the P-60 was his first 'real' big saw.

Or try me with trades...you never know...;)

Cheers

Ryan

A712AEE0-1633-438C-8AD9-2D3A2BE07BD4_zpsf52y5ylm.jpg

25302043-110B-4FF8-BA89-56EA7377A717_zpsvgy0v2hc.jpg

8A1F9AEB-5D44-464D-8C16-16B1D27BE15F_zpsvczvsw4w.jpg

th_61675758-4212-4313-AE4D-412A40A961CF_zpswgbslrrh.jpg

Nice Homelite. Where you from, Ryan? I'm in Miscouche. You're only the second other islander I've seen here.

I'm in Souris DSS...drop me a line if your up this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I could let it go for any less than $300 and the shipping...would prefer to trade as money isn't really an issue.

Ran it yesterday for a bit; it's like a big red noisey wood chip making smile machine.

I'm in Souris DSS...drop me a line if your up this way.

Will do. I got a P-62 if you ever want to run one. And I might have a few other interesting saws.

Chris

Back