Homelite Super XL 925

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Bought a Homie 925 last year yet couldn't get it to work as it should. Keeps running lean and stopping. Thought it sucks air from somewhere.
Turns out it needs replacing the crank case seals

Your rattle gun suggestion did work and I was able to dismantle the stubborn clutch no problem.

The clutch looks good, no much wear, the needle bearing has some rust on the housing but needles seem fine. Took the gear off that turns the oiling pump, seems OK. took the pump off, turns freely, a bit loose but then again as long as it pumps... Now I am onto the seal that needs replacing.

Questions:

How do I dig it out?

Once out, does the new seal just slide on or does it need some stuff to stick it on?

I noticed that there is a larger felt seal on the oil pump that sits around the gear that drives the pump. That seal does not look like it will seal much at all, probably half mil play. Does it matter? I don't have a spare for that one.

How does the clutch needle bearing get lubrication? It is closed off by two washers. Grease at the time of mounting it...and then?

I also need to change the seal that is on the other side, under the flywheel.
How do I get to that seal? Does the flywheel come off easy?

Thank you
Marc

Last edited:
Back