Homelite Super XL 925

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vibes

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this saw. I just bought a real clean one thats not running. It came with a stack of bars and a few new chains. I'm thinking of trying to sell some of the bars and fixing it up.

I haven't looked at it yet. It runs with a little mix in the carb, but won't stay running. I can see it needs the srews to hold the clutch plate on. Other than that its real clean.

What are the availabilty of parts for this saw. Aside from it weighing a ton, what are the good and bad points of it.

Good old torquey Homie. Nice to have around for the bigger stuff. Will pull a 24" through anything you want with no problem. A modern saw with that much power will cost almost $900. Worth putting a few bucks into. Hang onto an extra bar and chain if you plan on using it.

I was going to buy one off the local CL, posted it on here with questions, and I think somebody off here saw it and grabbed it up. They're 82cc, and BLSnelling had a really nice thread about restoring one. Look that up for tons of good info.

We have some parts. Let me know what you need.
Check the fuel lines of cracks, that could be why it doesn't stay running.

Thats why I didn't post on it here first. The fuel line is new. I think the carb needs rebuilt. The guy gave me in the deal 6 20'' bars, 2 new 20'' chains, and a 32'' Homelite bar. Two of the 20'' bars are new in the wrappers.

Where is the tank vent on this saw?

Just a heads up though, There's a nice little Montgomery Wards Remingtion on Pittsburghs Craigslist for $30 Says its running. Looks like a Mighty Mite Bantom.

Thats why I didn't post on it here first. The fuel line is new. I think the carb needs rebuilt. The guy gave me in the deal 6 20'' bars, 2 new 20'' chains, and a 32'' Homelite bar. Two of the 20'' bars are new in the wrappers.

Where is the tank vent on this saw?

Just a heads up though, There's a nice little Montgomery Wards Remingtion on Pittsburghs Craigslist for $30 Says its running. Looks like a Mighty Mite Bantom.

The tank is vented through the cap. If you look closely, on the side of the cap there shoudl be a porous copper plug. Underneath this plug is a rubber duckbill.

The carb kit is DG-5HS (gasket/diaphragms only) or RK-23HS (complete kit).

I see on acres site he has 2 XSL 925'S listed. A 77cc and an 84. Mine has a Walbro carb so I'm assuming its the 77cc model. Serial # is T7700680. Made in Quebec Canada. Where are the production #'s that Acres has listed.

Back