Homelite SXL-925

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ya know I originally had done it that way but thought somebody would say they were too big and taking up too much space. I had that issue in another group so I posted links which takes up little space. I'm new to this site and don't know how you guys function here or how you do things so it will take time. Other groups do it differently and get bent if you post large pics so that's why I did what I did. So from here on out then I'll just post them like I was going to in the first place...

We like pics and you done good posting the links. That way we don't have to say "pics or it didn't happen".

+1

Yup, 'Blue Bloods' don't come on till 9 central time....................................................................
You got cop shows Downunder?

At risk of annoying the OP by being off topic - yes, we invented cop shows! Australia is (or was, I suppose) a penal colony. We are all criminals here.:msp_biggrin:

Nick, pity there weren't some orphans in your story and perhaps a religous reference and a comparison between Stihls and Huskies. Your thread would be bigger than the Sure is quiet in here thread. Or maybe Mr Trimmed would spoil the fun. TV is very quiet now the football season has finished. Sigh....

Al.

At risk of annoying the OP by being off topic - yes, we invented cop shows! Australia is (or was, I suppose) a penal colony. We are all criminals here.:msp_biggrin:

Nick, pity there weren't some orphans in your story and perhaps a religous reference and a comparison between Stihls and Huskies. Your thread would be bigger than the Sure is quiet in here thread. Or maybe Mr Trimmed would spoil the fun. TV is very quiet now the football season has finished. Sigh....

Al.

Don't need Mr Trimmed. We got Bob watching this one. :popcorn:

Al.

Hi Al :msp_smile:

I hear your wife is a very good judge of character. (And I hope Bob doesn't kick me to banned camp for being off topic so much).
I saw a Homelite in a shop once (there, on topic again).

I hear your wife is a very good judge of character. (And I hope Bob doesn't kick me to banned camp for being off topic so much).
I saw a Homelite in a shop once (there, on topic again).

What was the topic? Oh.....yeah, we got a SXL925.....

Congrats on the saws. The 925 is sweet. I don't feel you took her. For all we know... she could be a multi-millionaire and just wanted the stuff gone. Some people can be a little jealous and quick to judge.... it's really not anybody's business. You gave her what she wanted, she's happy, and your happy.
I'll give ya $50 just for the 925. :msp_biggrin:

Welcome to the site Nickolas, Just have a thick skin and don't sweat the small stuff. Most guys brag about their deals no matter who they get it from. Some guys here get a bit punch drunk at times and fights do occasionally break out. Just have fun and you did good.

Nick,
Welcome to the site, I get a little excited when I read stuff like that because my Grandma basically got a bunch of tools stolen from her after my Grandpa passed away. Guy came in and said they weren't worth anything and she believed him. I know now that is not what happened with you, have fun with your CAD- it is untreatable!

Thanks I appreciate it. I gave her what she asked and even told her that Mall two man saw in good shape was upwards of a grand and she shook her head like she knew what I was saying. For 50 bucks it would be a good lawn ornament or a conversation piece but I still walked away from it because it was so rusty. A lot of it was not rusted but it's so dang big. Anyway I'll keep it short. I don't take advantage of anybody as I am older myself. I have respect for people and hope they would show me the same respect.

Nick

One final note here and I'm done... I see a lot of folks here compare the older saws to the newer ones and saying they are not as fast and up to date as the newer saws but it's ok. I don't know how fast a newer saw runs as I don't own any but a saw spinning upwards of 7500 rpm is pretty fast for me. I don't need anything faster I'm not in a contest with anyone but just cutting wood. I myself would much rather have torque than speed. Remember Torque is what gets things moving and is the grunt of the saw... If you don't have torque you aren't going to get very far... Speed is good for a race but why would you want a super fast saw speed in the woods? I don't think I would want to be in that much of a hurry cutting up a tree as I would think there is a much higher chance of an accident happening. I'll take those old slow speed saws or a gear drive myself you can keep the newer high speed plastic crap. I like metal, weight, and torque in my saw. My girlfriend bought a few newer saws and I can't stand them and won't use them plus the fact they already have issues. They are so light I can't stand to cut with them. I like the weight of an older saw as I am cutting into some wood myself... Anyway I'm done and have spoken my piece... Thanks to all for the welcome...

Nick

One final note here and I'm done... I see a lot of folks here compare the older saws to the newer ones and saying they are not as fast and up to date as the newer saws but it's ok. I don't know how fast a newer saw runs as I don't own any but a saw spinning upwards of 7500 rpm is pretty fast for me. I don't need anything faster I'm not in a contest with anyone but just cutting wood. I myself would much rather have torque than speed. Remember Torque is what gets things moving and is the grunt of the saw... If you don't have torque you aren't going to get very far... Speed is good for a race but why would you want a super fast saw speed in the woods? I don't think I would want to be in that much of a hurry cutting up a tree as I would think there is a much higher chance of an accident happening. I'll take those old slow speed saws or a gear drive myself you can keep the newer high speed plastic crap. I like metal, weight, and torque in my saw. My girlfriend bought a few newer saws and I can't stand them and won't use them plus the fact they already have issues. They are so light I can't stand to cut with them. I like the weight of an older saw as I am cutting into some wood myself... Anyway I'm done and have spoken my piece... Thanks to all for the welcome...

Nick

Dude....because its fun...plain and simple.

setadyse.jpg

Mine carries a 36" like a dream! :)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Now that I have had a chance to use this saw a bit and adjust it I think it's going to be a good runner. I am doing away with the stock chain and bar. I don't care for the 3/8" chain at all I am so used to my McCullcoh and the 404 as it just rips out the wood. I got a 36" inch roller nose I am going to put on along with some 404 semi chisel chain. Then I think I'll be happy with it. I see why these saws run so good now I have done some research. I found some factory literature and it states... Well let me post some of it here... It's got a Hemi-head!!!

"ENGINE
--
Type: Homelite 2-cycle, single cylinder, air cooled, loop
scavenged, made of light alloys. Hemi-head cylinder and
hi-flow transfer ports for greater efficiency and more power.
Top guided connecting rod, wide spaced, twin piston rings,
large volume cooling air flow for longer life under heavy
duty use. New Wear Guard'"' specially plated cylinder
virtually eliminates cylinder bore wear."

I also discovered starting with UT10415C that they went to the smaller 2.00" bore down from 2 1/16" bore for heat related issues... Saw was discontinued in 1994.

Back