Homelite xl-901 series clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcowboy1974

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy the complete clutch assembly and sprocket in good used conditon for the above saw if anyone has one available. Bearing and all. call or pm me or email. [email protected] or 715-281-7989.

Do the earlier white and red 901,902, etc. series have the same clutch as a 925?

...Do the earlier white and red 901,902, etc. series have the same clutch as a 925?

I don't have my IPL's here at work, and I'm not certain beyond a shadow of a doubt, but I'd bet they are. I'm sure one of the resident experts will chime in soon with the official word.

Don't have mine handy at the moment either, but I think the earlier 9xx series used a 3 shoe clutch thant looked kinda like in a SXL, only bigger. I guess the question may be would a 925 clutch (newer 3 shoe design or the 6 shoe) fit on the crank of an early 9xx saw? To this question, I think the answer probably would be yes, but that's a 50/50 guess on my part. I've never played with anything other than a 925.

Dan

what pitch on the sprocket and teeth ?

they show four different ones on the sprocket alone for the xl 901

also do you need everything from that clutch kit from one end of the sprocket to the other or just need the clutch itself not counting the washers etc. ?

if you want call me i may have these parts new in stock

calvin

part # on the shoe itself is a 64569

Don't have mine handy at the moment either, but I think the earlier 9xx series used a 3 shoe clutch thant looked kinda like in a SXL, only bigger. I guess the question may be would a 925 clutch (newer 3 shoe design or the 6 shoe) fit on the crank of an early 9xx saw? To this question, I think the answer probably would be yes, but that's a 50/50 guess on my part. I've never played with anything other than a 925.

Dan

my ipl shows a totally different set up on the 925 oh also dan if you hear of anyone needing 925 parts i happen to have all the electrical parts on hand that was part of them 4 big boxes i told you about

Last edited:
I'm home now, but my IPL's are out in the shop so I still don't have them in front of me. I do, however, have a 901 carcass laying out under my bench with the crank still in it. I also happen to have several 925/955 clutches laying around so I'll see if they thread onto the 901 crank and report back tomorrow.

I'm home now, but my IPL's are out in the shop so I still don't have them in front of me. I do, however, have a 901 carcass laying out under my bench with the crank still in it. I also happen to have several 925/955 clutches laying around so I'll see if they thread onto the 901 crank and report back tomorrow.

hey habanero how is the weather in ohio today near columbus ohio ? was it snowing hard today ?

just curious
calvin

I don't have a clue about Columbus, but this morning I've got ~10" on the driveway and it's still snowing and blowing.

Anyway, I checked the clutch situation and the crank is different on a 901 (assuming that carcass I have really is a 901-but I'm pretty sure it is). I didn't throw the calipers on it, but the crank is quite a bit smaller than a 925. Now, knowing Homelites, there could well be more than one design of the 901 cranks

Back