Homelite XL Automatic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks undee70ss...I'll take a short video of the oiler in action tomorrow ...perhaps you could let me know once you've seen it if you think it's working correctly.

Here's a short video of the oiler....and I have a question as to setting the carb....in the photos you can see the set screw and an overview of the carb....I can only find one set screw to adjust, the one thats visible.....is there another one? Saw runs well until I let off the gas, and then stalls.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20171027_134252.jpg
    IMG_20171027_134252.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20171027_134305.jpg
    IMG_20171027_134305.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
Sorry....video file was too large to download and I'm too dumb to know how to downsize it!!:crazy:

Here's a short video of the oiler....and I have a question as to setting the carb....in the photos you can see the set screw and an overview of the carb....I can only find one set screw to adjust, the one thats visible.....is there another one? Saw runs well until I let off the gas, and then stalls.
Thanks
The two black screws on the left side of the carb are the adjuster screws, found under the set screw you mentioned. That set screw you mentioned is the idle adjustment screw, it sets the amount of air that flows through the carb venturi during idle.

Thanks pioneerguy600...so in an earlier post I mentioned that I had adjusted the carb, and the saw was running well. What I had done actually was adjust this idle screw so the carb setting was not changed. I'll go take a look and see if I can spot the two black screws you mention. Also regarding the oiler, I checked the bar and it is free of all debris.
Thanks guys

Found the two adjustment screws and will follow the previous recommendations.."turn in both H&L mixture screws in until lightly seated & then back out "L" 11/2 turns & "H" 1 turn". Also worked out how to shrink the video of the oiler in operation, and have included a link to it on youtube...is this the normal operation of the oiler?

Thanks.

I have no idea why it shows unavailable....when I load the forum and click on it it views fine....anyone any suggestions?
Thanks

Thanks guys....yes....that's my dog barking in the background, not my saw. I think a fairly large German Shepherd in my oil tank might indeed cause some issues!!!

My other saw is a Stihl 038 Super Pro running on 50:1....this homelite on 32:1 sure smokes a lot.!

Good point Walter....I was just following the recommendations, but if it would be okay to run 50:1 in the Homey I would be happy...no worries about it being a little lean?

Good point Walter....I was just following the recommendations, but if it would be okay to run 50:1 in the Homey I would be happy...no worries about it being a little lean?
Oil is set to adequate lubrication and so 50:1 with quality modern oil. Lean is adjusted by the jetting and all else being equsl excess oil creates a lean fuel condition

Thanks Walter...I've always followed the manuals with regards to mix....I have a blower thats 40:1, chainsaw and trimmer thats 50:1 and the Homey....from now on I'll run them all at 50:1.

Thanks Walter...I've always followed the manuals with regards to mix....I have a blower thats 40:1, chainsaw and trimmer thats 50:1 and the Homey....from now on I'll run them all at 50:1.
I use the mix listed on the oil. With Stihl oil 50:1 am confident it will lube adequately for any two stroke out there.
Had good results in motorcycle days with Optimol mixed at 100:1
I like the Stihl oil for my saws!
Walter

Back