Homelite XL- Clutch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanC

Reaction score
Hey I have a Homelite mini XL (I think, it says XL on the side, and it's got a Homelite sticker on it)(doesn't say mini, but it is teeny, so I'm assuming). I just got it working today, it was sitting for 10 years and needed a new spark plug. Now the thing I'm wondering, I took the saw off when I was messing with it (I'm a little scared of it, the saw doesn't offer a good spot to rest to start it up.) Well now when I start the motor, the sprocket spins without engaging the throttle. I tried to remove the sprocket to hopefully clean it, but I couldn't figure out how to remove it. There's no bolts or anything on the sprocket side, and I removed the bolt on the thing that spins on the other side (I know I know), but nothing would move. I know it should have a clutch, but could it be broken and is just letting the sprocket spin? I am weary to put the saw back on now. I am going to be putting this on the back of a mountain bike to make a moped like thing. I know the engine is rather small for it, but I need to start somewhere and this saw was free.

IMG_3885Medium.jpg

IMG_3886Medium.jpg

IMG_3888Medium.jpg

Last edited:
if Im not mistaken theres a snap ring that needs removed, I usually use a brass rod & mallet to strike the end shaft, usually frees it up, but they can be a pain.

goodluck.

LXT...................

Latest posts

Back