Homemade lanyard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2treeornot2tree

2treeornot2tree

Dont cry, just do it
how much do you charge to make one but with the triple fishing knot on each end ?

I made this one, and I dont like the prusik as a adjuster knot. Gonna either use a mechanical adjuster or just get rid of it. I got around $100 into this one with materials.

attachment.php

beastmaster

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thank you, I understand now. What is on the end of the lanyard? Just a stopper knot? The end with the VT is always attached and the other end is removed to redirect?

I always climb with my climbing line(monkey line) attached so if I need to unhook my lanyard I use my climbing line to secure my self when I have to unhook my lanyard

beastmaster

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
I made this one, and I dont like the prusik as a adjuster knot. Gonna either use a mechanical adjuster or just get rid of it. I got around $100 into this one with materials.

attachment.php

2Tree, you doing your own spliceing on those? I have a lot of ideas for rigging gear I would like to make but not the knowlege to do the splicing. A valuable skill

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
. AS Supporting Member.
Not too sure about your termination knots on your snaps...

Triple fisherman's knot is the only knot I will use on termination for life support anymore.

I believe those are bunt-line hitches; they should be very secure. Realistically, this knot is nothing more than a clove hitch noose. It is certainly nothing to worry about. An anchor hitch would be a bit better, but either is considered safe. Both knots do not tail as nicely as the scaffold (fisherman's) hitch.

I generally prefer the scaffold knot too, but not on a snap. You'll never get one of those knots untied after it has been set for a while.

Latest posts