Homemade OWB Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Insulated, that should help with efficiency.
attachment.php

Thanks! I didn't know that you could buy the spray foam in larger volumes like that. I've got a strange spot in my house to deal with and that should fix it nicely.

I have a friend who works in a scrapyard that is gathering up stuff for me to build an OWB, once I get started on it I plan to put it inside my little shop, then later it will be relocated and insulated etc. The shop is attached to the house, so it avoids me having to run trenching and insulated pex for a while, and will also let me work on any changes to it after it's up and going.

Any other sources of parts, controls and pumps that you've dealt with here in Ontario would also be great!!

I like!!!!!!!!! You will not regret the time or money spent on this foam. I have had them both ways and the foam is surely the way to go. What did the foam kit cost?

The kit was on sale for $650. It was a 600 sq ft kit. I figure I got around 7" of foam depth. I still am going to put an insulated building around it also.

Thanks! I didn't know that you could buy the spray foam in larger volumes like that. I've got a strange spot in my house to deal with and that should fix it nicely.

I have a friend who works in a scrapyard that is gathering up stuff for me to build an OWB, once I get started on it I plan to put it inside my little shop, then later it will be relocated and insulated etc. The shop is attached to the house, so it avoids me having to run trenching and insulated pex for a while, and will also let me work on any changes to it after it's up and going.

Any other sources of parts, controls and pumps that you've dealt with here in Ontario would also be great!!

I priced around a bit for the parts I needed and found for the most part these guys had the best prices.
Green Valley Heating

Insulated, that should help with efficiency.
attachment.php

EXCELLENT!!!!! Spray foam insulation CANNOT be beat!!!!:msp_thumbup: It is the only way to fly including residential insulating.

A local spray foam company did Bertha and the stove house. Cannot recommend this stuff enough.:rock:

5B4D9E89-A3D3-4147-B677-D1A54D65F75D-20938-000004567E96F4E1.jpg

96DEB63E-DAE5-4BC0-834E-4021C7819C00-20938-00000456873F4032.jpg

67FF108B-81C8-4F89-838B-29D3E5DFB17A-20938-000004566DFA66D1.jpg

Reps for your hard work! Having two excavators, I rarely do that kind of trenching by hand, but I still get stuck doing more than enough of it, that I can appreciate the amount of work it is!

You certainly aren't in an area with the amount of rock and clay that we are though!

Wow! You give me something to aspire to be. I thought I did my install pretty cost effectively, but even I rented a trencher for $75. Now you've made me feel like I wasted money! LOL

Nice work anyway - looks like it's coming together pretty quickly. Looking forward to hearing how it works.

Well I dug myself a 4' deep by 50' long trench today with a shovel. That was fun.

Wow! Big props! :bowdown: You definitely wouldn't do that here in 1 day! Last spring I spent 2 hours digging a 24" hole 4 feet deep so I could put a riser on my septic tank inlet lid, and that was in damp soil. A lot of clay and rocks below the topsoil here. Nice job on the insulation too! It'll be interesting to see how this bad boy works out for ya!

Good looking job with the foam insulation.

You 've got me thinking on where the other half of that LPG tank is?

really the whole tank would be better, I could put a whole cord in at a time.

Shawn, is there any insurance problems or liability problems with it not being CSA,ULC blah blah tested and rated?

I know its outside and away from any structures so besides some lawn it wouldnt burn anything, but since when does making sense make sense.

Latest posts

Back