Homemade Sun Canopy 4 John Deere Riding Mowers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stay Thirsty

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I saw an accessory Sun Canopy sold for JD riding mowers at Lowe's the other day. Gotta have one! The sun is frying me away. 'Bout stroked out when I saw the $100 price tag
money1.gif
frantic.gif
money1.gif
So I'm lookin' the thing over...simple plastic tube/rod framework and a black heavy mesh tarp cover. I'm saying to myself, to heck with this noise, I'll make one. Had everything except a can of spray paint already on hand. Pic's to follow.

Fits any JD LA series mower or any JD with the Cargo Accessories Fittings. I figure the same idea could be adapted to about any mower although you'll probably have to drill some holes.

Anyone interested in making one? I'll be happy to provide build instruction. Some CPVC pipe, fittings, part of a tarp, spray paint...under 2 hours and less than $30 even if you have to buy everything!

Last edited:
Exactly chowdowzer. Mine is painted white...which you could see in the pics...if I could get this site to upload my pics:confused:

The tarp I had on hand was green, not far from JD green, so the canopy overhang edges are green and spray painted the plastic pipe frame "spring green" from Krylon Fusion paints-made-for-plastic. Sprayed the top white. Stays actually cool under the thing.

John Deere Homemade sun canopy

Stay Thirsty, I just joined the site & saw your post on
the homemade sun canopy. I have a JD LA175 & a JD X320.
Could you send me the build instructions? If I ordered parts
from JD it would cost me $154 & I don't want to pay that much.

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back