Homey sxl925 Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a question to ask and a problem to solve.

1st question. What is the purpose of the inner air filter inside the airbox(under the first filter) on the sxl925. It dosent seal tite to the carb so I dont think its really a second filter. Mabye to keep errant screws and such out of the motor? Mabye to keep carb "spray back"(that fine mist eminating from the carb while the engine idles) from puddling in the air box?

Now the problem, My manual oil pump only works intermitantly. If I use it I have to wait about a minute until it will pump oil again. The lever comes right back up, but if I try to oil again, I get nothing for a short while.

Im using bar oil cut with diesel(dont know what percent) But it does it even when warm......

And another question is there an adjustment for the automatic oiler? This thing bleeds(oils) like a pig and I would like to adjust it if possable.

Anyone got a pdf copy of the manual?

Guess that was more than one question wasnt it?

Damn that was another, Thanks.

Sound like the o-rings in the plunger are gone like Ray said. I don't know of any adjustments for oilers on that model homelite. Why are you mixing diesel with bar oil? the diesel might be what caused the seals to break down. Pretty simple to check the o-rings on the plunger, loosen the nut on the plunger and pull it out. watch for the spring and I think I remember a ball bearing in there also, been a while since I tore into one. Good luck.

O rings checked and replaced to no avail. I didnt know but should have figured there would be check balls, these are next to be checked.

I believe diesel is commonly used to thin bar oil for cold temps. I think stihl manuals reccomend about 25%.

Ray, UT # is 10415B

Im going to keep digging. never had something so simple baffle me so.

If the o-rings are good, I would start checking rubber lines and last pump and drive assembly behind the clutch.

Ray....you Da Man !!

Thanks, that will be a big help .

After dissassembling the entire manual oiler system for a second time.........I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!

All I had to do was disloge about a cubic foot of woodchips from the line leading to the tank and viola it works. I had origonaly sprayed WD-40 through both lines and the pump but no help. After taking it apart again I could only spray through one line in one direction.

A shot of compressed air sent a wad of wood flying fron that line and Im in buisiness.:blob2:

Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back