Hot Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard wood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I e-mail a champion Hot saw contender a couple of times He didn't give me the time of day not even a reply that's okay I guess it is an ego thing . My thought into that is if you love your sport or occupation and want it to grow and become a better buisness you must share your knoledge with others you .If not your sport will fase out some day .Compitision is good but you need competetors to compete . if you don't bring new people to your sport you'll just be competting against the same people then it will turn into who has the most money to do what to his saw . Then what ? you get old and your buddy gets old and maybe your kids will have pick it up so they compete against the same people they grew up with Borring . You should search out new competetors and that will also he you be the best you can be . Of course unless youguys are scare of real compitision .I was trying to find out how you get started and were you get a shcedule for the events what the rules are all the need to know stuff . If you hot saw guys want some comp. help out the newby's thanks from the Florida Cracker www.chainsawdesigns.com Mark W. Rice

helpful hints

I see still tight lip ask for info about how to get started inthe hot saw comp. and every one forgets how to type maybe if I read enough post I can siphur out the info I need thanks for all the helpful hints . and thought these post and forums were to help others wow maybe I wasa mistaken

Hi Mark, If I am not mistaken there are events coming up in Wisconsin and West Virginia.
You will know where I am coming from when someone asks, " How do I get into Hotsaws?", much like if someone asks, " How do I get into Logging?" Your first thought may be: " Oh no, not another logger!"
I think the trick is that once we are taken serious, we will find we can get help from the best of the best. I find that most people are very giving, trusting and willing to share if given the right oppertunity. As long as we give back what we can then things usually work very well.
I found out that when we display a hungry interest in anything, then things begin to fall our way, but it doesnt all come easy.
People who are accomplished in something are very proud of their abitity and although may appear outwardly to gaurd it jealously, are really acheing to share it with others they can call friend.
Sorry for the sermon like reply, but your question was a good one,although not directed at you, but rather to anyone willing to listen.
Your Canadian Brother of the Saw.

Latest posts

Back