Hot! water!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My office is a small building with a old wood fired cookstove in it. Last year I finally got around to plumbing the heat exchanger into a 30 gallon water tank. This year I am learnin' how the thing works. I got a small sink and a shower hooked to it (could eventually live in the thing).

It works exceptionally well. a week ago I had to remove the temperature part of the T&P valve. It was piddling on the floor. I figured it was just a little pessimistic. Turns out that it was doing what it is supposed to be doing! This evening I turned on the sink faucet and was rewarded with water that was closer to live steam :msp_w00t: The fact is that after bustin wood all day that a real hot shower is nice. This thing is closer to being dangerous. Temperature at the top of the tank is 170 at the moment (and it is cooling down...)

One of my next projects is to see if I can sweat some pipes and make a radiator and stick it in the RR as a place for some of those extra btu's to go.

It is just a tiny little fire box, and the heat exchanger is cast iron about 14" by 8" or so. :msp_rolleyes:

-Pat

Latest posts

Back