HotBlast 1557M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreaseMnky85

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any one who has a HB 1557 what has your experience been? I'm looking at maybe getting one off craigslist. He wants $600 for it. I know its about 4 years old and gonna need some new fire bricks. Don't know much more about it. Just curious what you all think of this furnace. I'm looking at up grading my HB 1303 I just think its not putting out enough heat for my house and I have a rather small house about 1,500 sq. Any information would be great thanks!

I'm not sure there's much difference between the two. For a 1500 sqft home, the 1300 series hotblast should be enough to heat it. Since it's not, maybe the house is a little leaky, or not well insulated. If your current furnace is in decent shape, I would look into where the heat is going. You could spend a little on airsealing, and insulation, which would make heating much easier, then save up and purchase a more efficient furnace.

If it was me i'd spend the extra money and upgrade to something decent with secondary burn tubes and a glass door thats more efficient than your hot blast. Im mad at myself for not spending the $1600 for a tundra or heatmax but at the time i didnt know any better. Or like layne said, spend the money on insulation and tightening up your house better.

Back