Hotsaws to start in NSW Australia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Well my fellow Australians got nowhere to race that hotsaw of you's well now you have.

Here's a listing of upcoming NSW local Axemans Events
Where they are going to cater of Hotsaws.

At this stage details are scarce but if interest is shown in sure this will continue and could become an established event.

I personnally attended an event at Denman in the upper Hunter Valley on the 3rd of September 2005 after talking with the organiser of the Axemans Woodchop Assn whom i believe is Ken Kirk i had the pleasure of leaving the event knowing this opportunity would be extended into the future at upcoming Woodchops thanks Ken.

What i'll do is post a list of events up on this page so those having an interest in Hotsaws will have an idea of venues to attend and participate in.

1. Singleton Show ........Hunter Valley NSW.

Date Saturday 24 Sept 2005 ......1pm Start
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Mangrove Mountain Fair ........Central Coast NSW

Date Saturday 15 October 2005.....12 noon Start
.....................................................................................

More details will become available via my website follow the link below to see future events as they come to hand, now lets see whose hot and whose not.

Are you ready to rock and roll ??

Mc Bob.

For more info contact me.

Gee and he's me thinking you had gone to bed and had forgotten to get up.

Well Paz spead the word it's going to be a bit of fun but lets see how long it takes to get down and downright serious, i suppose it will take a while for this to get around the traps as they say but i hope a few put in the effort to attend and this could become a monthly sort of thing.

Come-on drag them out and frighten me please.

Mc Bob.

Just another quick note to add since the 9/11 incident insurance has sorted buggered things as regards liability so maybe side by side racing might be out of the question but more than likely timed speed cuts might be in order, and the benefit is we'll end up with a time in certain diameter and timber type.

At this stage i'm aware of two timber sizes being used a 12" block and a 20" block.

I believe they are going to supply some popular which is in a lot of ways is very similier to the American softwoods, so we can get some comparisions to our American friends, what diameter logs would we be needing fellas ??

Mc Bob.

In the midwestern states, 10" square (cant) is common. Poplar is the common wood. It's cheap, plentiful, and soft. This pic is from the washington county WI fair saw contest.
Scott

Latest posts

Back