House bound

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like things are coming back to normal. Don’t get too rambunctious. When I was laid up after cancer surgery I spent a lot of time at my other hobby, reloading ammo. Not as labor intensive as working the saws.
Stay the course and don’t overdo until you get the green light to run the saws again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am limiting my "wooding" to moving one load a day. Doing a bit of walking and other than that it is internet or boob toob. Kinda hard to just sit around when I was used to at least 4 hs/day of physical activity. Bit worried about weight. I was down to 201 (from 254) before the surgery and am sure to start back up again without the exercise.

Progress report:

5 weeks post operation. Pushing the boundaries and even some stupidity. Walking was encouraged so I try to work in once/day. I'm up to 1.6 mile pushing to make 2 miles - measured a 2 mile hike on the car odometer on my way home from shopping this morning.

No pain at all except of bit of lower back just about hips - muscle soreness from compensating for the weak right leg. Even that goes away after a few minutes moving around.

Finished loading the back porch, now moving the shorts I have been tossing on a pile for several years. Burning them just about 24hours a day to keep the house warm. Really not needed but there are a lot of shorts (mostly locust).

Needed to retrieve 1/2 of my extension ladder from the farmers willow patch (it was there to serve as a bridge across a deep creak) and decided to noodle some big rounds down to loadable sizes while there. Started okay being careful not to do any heavy lifting or moving of rounds. Of course one thing led to another and wound up bucking logs I already had down. The led to more noodling and of course exceeding the 'no heavy work' a few times. Had no problem while there and nothing showed up this morning.

Started manually splitting rounds in the woodyard this morning. I enjoy doing it that way when I'm not way behind on the splitting. Also avoids lifting big rounds onto the splitter.

Problem with the 10lb lifting limit. My big saw, MS441/32", exceeds that somewhat so I compensate by picking it up twice.

I am just reading this thread and want to wish you the best, you have been an inspiration to us all over these years young man, so get better and go out there and get that Willow cleared otherwise it will rot on the ground!

All the best, God Bless.....

Just about done with that willow patch. Measured it out, right at 1/2 mile row of them big sonumbees. One more year there working slowly will do it. I need to find another clearance project.

I've got 12 cord cured willow lining the woodyard fences - 6 of them already sold waiting for delivery next spring, I'll use 3 cord myself next year and theat leaves 3 for possible customers. Only have about 5 cord in rounds to be split this winter.

Latest posts

Back