How all on here has a Carlton 7015 TRX?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No arguing on the internet!! I have both a tow behind and self propelled and they both have their positives.

Nothing beats a tow behind on a big blow over - they have the cutting dimensions, chip capacity, and wheel size to rip right through.

The self propelleds are quicker with multiple stumps on a single job, great for chasing roots, and don't destroy my truck. I don't care how good a driver you are - my self propelled will go places a tow behind never will - and there is less lawn damage. I have customers that freak when I drive a truck around their house.

All that said - I will one day replace my tow behind with a big self propelled - as soon as the stimulus package stimulates me!!

Tow behind vs self propelled.
My 2 cents worth. Back when the self propelled machines first were coming out I said to myself that I would never get a self propelled. A dealer talked me into it shortly there after and I purchased a self propelled. I sold all my tow behinds and would never consider buying another one. The self propelled can do what any tow behind can and more. Much quicker then always in and out of the truck backing up to stumps. Its also easier on your truck not having to get it all scratched and dented on fences, branches ect. The push blades are great for pushing the grindings back into the hole. Leaving a hole open opens you up to liability. Then once you get a remote controlled machine with a sandvick wheel you will never go back.

Dude, we get it, you think your tow-behind is the cat's meow, the best thing since sliced bread. Geez

:ices_rofl:

LOL! Pot meet Kettle. Seems nearly every stumper thread you mention your 7015 or a picture. Do you take her for long walks through the parK? HA!:greenchainsaw:

Tow behind vs self propelled.
My 2 cents worth. Back when the self propelled machines first were coming out I said to myself that I would never get a self propelled. A dealer talked me into it shortly there after and I purchased a self propelled. I sold all my tow behinds and would never consider buying another one. The self propelled can do what any tow behind can and more. Much quicker then always in and out of the truck backing up to stumps. Its also easier on your truck not having to get it all scratched and dented on fences, branches ect. The push blades are great for pushing the grindings back into the hole. Leaving a hole open opens you up to liability. Then once you get a remote controlled machine with a sandvick wheel you will never go back.

Totally agree - I only still own my tow behind because I have forever - when business picks back up I'm tradin it up on a high horsepower self propelled!!

I will say that chip capacity is not great. But you get used to getting around that quickly. I have wiggled the machine side to side and packed down the chips before, its just as easy to back out and shovel a small amount to the side to get the last bit without recycling chips through.

You've moved it side to side to pack down chips? Man, if we try turning out 7015 at all while you're in a chip pile they wedge in the tracks and pop them off... Its darn near impossible to get them back on.

You need to tighten the tracks then. I spin on the chip pile all the time. I have only thrown a track once, it was too loose. Tracks are easy to get back on, loosen the grease fitting and push the idler back and presto back in business. Squirt some grease in and you are ready to rock again.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhbout what I like my machine and I do understand they both have their place but for what I am doing my setup is great and faster. I would love to have both I think if I got a self propeled it would be 200 hp skidder type lol :cheers:

Do you think it would be an advantage to have a hitch ball on the front bumper of your truck. My dad did this with his travel trailer to get in his parking spot. Worked great for awkward maneuvers.

Do you think it would be an advantage to have a hitch ball on the front bumper of your truck. My dad did this with his travel trailer to get in his parking spot. Worked great for awkward maneuvers.

Well it may for some but I have backed chippers so long it is really no problem for me. I also on my main stump jobs do golf courses and it would take the production out rehooking and make it similar to having a self propello or peta in my case!!! I am going to get a alpine mag
for the hard to get stumps.

LOL! Pot meet Kettle. Seems nearly every stumper thread you mention your 7015 or a picture. Do you take her for long walks through the parK? HA!:greenchainsaw:

I used to take my TRX7015 on long walks in the park, she was such a knock-out. Some guy from SC took her from me :mad: .

Latest posts

Back