How all on here has a Carlton 7015 TRX?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the input on this machine.
It looks like I am going with the 7015TRX. Still have a few details to work out, but here is the tentative deal we are working on:
7015 TRX, 60HP Deutz, wireless remote, Sandvic Duradisc, 3 year/3000HR FULL warranty, (1 year from Carlton and 2 additional years from the dealer), plus, one year of free preventive maint. service, (Oil and filter changes, etc.)
Price out the door of $46,200.
If all goes as to plan, I hope to close the deal tomorrow.
Jeff

What color? :popcorn:

Thanks for all the input on this machine.
It looks like I am going with the 7015TRX. Still have a few details to work out, but here is the tentative deal we are working on:
7015 TRX, 60HP Deutz, wireless remote, Sandvic Duradisc, 3 year/3000HR FULL warranty, (1 year from Carlton and 2 additional years from the dealer), plus, one year of free preventive maint. service, (Oil and filter changes, etc.)
Price out the door of $46,200.
If all goes as to plan, I hope to close the deal tomorrow.
Jeff

Wow that seems pricy but then wireless rainy day work eh? I always thought that would be kind of cool but then ruts hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Made the deal today. Can't wait to get it. I have about 150 stumps flagged and ready to grind.
Yellow just seems right for "big machines with tracks". I bet I know what color you prefer.:)

yellow is where its at. Congrats on the purchase! Best of luck with it!

No ruts with a track machine. I drove mine through standing water in a yard and you could never tell I was there. I have put a hurting on the stump market in my town. According to the guy that was grinding for everyone.

I don't care I have been averaging 290 bucks per hour. Self propelled is the only way to go. After watching the tow behind guys spend 20 min, getting to a stump. I'll be on to my next jobsite.

No ruts with a track machine. I drove mine through standing water in a yard and you could never tell I was there. I have put a hurting on the stump market in my town. According to the guy that was grinding for everyone.

I don't care I have been averaging 290 bucks per hour. Self propelled is the only way to go. After watching the tow behind guys spend 20 min, getting to a stump. I'll be on to my next jobsite.

Lol I guess they don't know how to drive it takes me 20 seconds then usually less than five to be ground and gone bye bye and your just getting the binders off and beginning to unload :hmm3grin2orange: See it is all perspective and I see way more of my view but will admit if the stump is in a wild jungle of a place you will have me beat except I don't do those with my tow behind I plan to get the alpine for those stumps.

I have been told by many that I would not get my tow behind into? I guess I am an ok truck driver because I have managed to get to 99.9 % of my stumps :cheers:
You won't do 99% of the jobs around here with a tow behind. I work in metro Birmingham area and half the homes are fenced backyards others are garden homes or very little clearance between homes. If your working in open rural areas with many large stumps or blow-overs i could see a tow behind.You would have to use one of these self-propelled high horsepower machines to appreciate the difference. just my 2 cents. By the way,you put me in a yard with 10 stumps scattered over the yard and i gaurantee you i can grind them faster than ANY tow behind.

I have been told by many that I would not get my tow behind into? I guess I am an ok truck driver because I have managed to get to 99.9 % of my stumps :cheers:

I also run a large tow behind. I know a large self propelled. would be better but for the price difference and the work volume I'll stick with the tow behind....for now. Most of my work is in larger semi rural lawns with room to manuvere. You are right that once you get used to backing them, it is very fast. I often surprise people with where I can fit. One thing I did was buy a half ton reg cab pickup with a short bed. It turns a lot tighter than my long bed. reg cab. Some day there will be a large self propelled in my future but for now the tow behind works fine......and it's paid for.

I see what you are saying about whipping it right in and starting to grind. But I swear you will not beat me on a multiple stump job without a spotter. Plus I market the stumper as not putting trucks on your nice lawn. Gotcha there. Carlton only weighs 4400 and its around 3.8 psi.

I see what you are saying about whipping it right in and starting to grind. But I swear you will not beat me on a multiple stump job without a spotter. Plus I market the stumper as not putting trucks on your nice lawn. Gotcha there. Carlton only weighs 4400 and its around 3.8 psi.

Just leave them be.

I get several jobs a week from some of the big tow-behind guys that can't get to stumps so I actually love tow-behinds. lol

You know come to think of it I end up with alot of those myself. The tow behind guy that works around the area, has a small self propelled, but he likes to charge alot for it, cause its painfully slow. I never understood why he didn't get 7015.

I'm getting my isuzu set up for stormchasing this year. Looking forward to a road trip.

You know come to think of it I end up with alot of those myself. The tow behind guy that works around the area, has a small self propelled, but he likes to charge alot for it, cause its painfully slow. I never understood why he didn't get 7015.

I'm getting my isuzu set up for stormchasing this year. Looking forward to a road trip.

Isuzu? NPR? Let's see some pictures!!!

I just recently bought a ASV RC30 skid steer. Looking forward to storm season also.

Self Propelled
Remote
Sandvick wheel
tracks
wheels

I have 2 machines and they are used for different reasons and different conditions. If I had just residential jobs I would go with a wheeled machine.

Hey Mowingman,
If you haven't already cut the deal I would take a look at a Bandit 2800SP. I just recently demo'd one of those machines and it was a cutting son of a gun. The one I looked at was 4 wheel drive and a radio remote, Bandit has some demo machines that they are offering at a really attractive price. The one I demo'd was around $36,000.

Hey Mowingman,
If you haven't already cut the deal I would take a look at a Bandit 2800SP. I just recently demo'd one of those machines and it was a cutting son of a gun. The one I looked at was 4 wheel drive and a radio remote, Bandit has some demo machines that they are offering at a really attractive price. The one I demo'd was around $36,000.

And you can find the Carlton wheeled machines for that price too:

http://equipment.treetrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=1002

All the Bandit 2800 4x4 machines at the lower price are 06 demo machines. They have the older "autosweep" system that I do not really like, as well as the older style hydraulic hose routings and older style remote box. Those are things I wanted the upgraded versions of, if I got a newer Bandit.
I was quoted $36,700.00 + $850.00 freight on one of those older models.
The brand new 2800 4x4, remote, with the latest updates, was quoted at $57,575.00 + $850.00 freight.
The 7015TRX was a much better option, for both price and features.
Jeff

Last edited:
You won't do 99% of the jobs around here with a tow behind. I work in metro Birmingham area and half the homes are fenced backyards others are garden homes or very little clearance between homes. If your working in open rural areas with many large stumps or blow-overs i could see a tow behind.You would have to use one of these self-propelled high horsepower machines to appreciate the difference. just my 2 cents. By the way,you put me in a yard with 10 stumps scattered over the yard and i gaurantee you i can grind them faster than ANY tow behind.

Again perspective is in the mix here I can back mine into places you would not believe and while I agree in one yard with 30 stumps you would likley get done a little faster I can sacrifice fifteen minutes on those jobs because the jobs I am doing are golf courses and you will have five here then ten two holes away and I will leave your machine in the dust in that scenerio.

Again perspective is in the mix here I can back mine into places you would not believe and while I agree in one yard with 30 stumps you would likley get done a little faster I can sacrifice fifteen minutes on those jobs because the jobs I am doing are golf courses and you will have five here then ten two holes away and I will leave your machine in the dust in that scenerio.

Dude, we get it, you think your tow-behind is the cat's meow, the best thing since sliced bread. Geez

:ices_rofl:

Latest posts

Back