How bout an 041?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingsley

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Would this be a big enough saw to run an Alaskan Mill on? What size bar could I run?

Only occassional use (6 times a year maybe/Hobby).

Hardwoods (Walnut, Maple, Oak)

Thanks in advance,
Marty

Would this be a big enough saw to run an Alaskan Mill on? What size bar could I run?

Only occassional use (6 times a year maybe/Hobby).

Hardwoods (Walnut, Maple, Oak)

Thanks in advance,
Marty

OCCASIONAL use... and don't try and put a 36" bar on the thing... and you mill slow and easy... and sure you can mill with a chainsaw that size.

Your 041 should work fine. It wont be fast by any means but it will get the job done. Ive used my 041 on the Granberg small log mill ripping some 12 inch slabs and I was happy with it.

I have a 30" alaskan mill that I use with my 441 magnum.I also have a home made 24'' mill I call my Ky mill that I run only with my 041 farm boss yes it is some slower but will and does do the job especialy for occasional use. I also use the 041 with my mini-mill to slab the logs before cutting with the alaskan mill.I use the 041 mostly with a 24" bar and baileys low profile ripping chain on smaller logs will some times use a 20'' with l/p rip.And do remember to check and clean the air filter on the 041 at least every other fill up it gets dirty a whole lot faster than my 441.

Back