how did 2012 treat you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No joke. I am ready for the rich folks to start spending money again. Of course around here the illegal alien problem is just that...a big problem. I never thought I would see illegals so blatant as to put ads in the yellow pages and purport to be in "business."

I hear you on the illegals I think its time to put the DC criminals in jail for not upholding the laws they wrote! I have yet to see one deported a buddy of mine his wife got her car totaled by a van of illegals with no insurance. The officer let them leave wtf I just don't understand it. Oh well I just keep trying nothing else can do.

I hear you on the illegals I think its time to put the DC criminals in jail for not upholding the laws they wrote! I have yet to see one deported a buddy of mine his wife got her car totaled by a van of illegals with no insurance. The officer let them leave wtf I just don't understand it. Oh well I just keep trying nothing else can do.

You could always cry about it a little... oh wait never mind.. :msp_tongue:

They hand pick the laws they want to enforce and tell states and local governments the laws they can enforce. There is a word for that.

2i7pkqs.jpg
xqi6xi.jpg
its was a great year
2r2n89g.jpg

Nice equipment! What's the box truck for? Judging by what I see in the background it looks like you dabble in excavation and construction too.

2012 in barbados

2012 started out not so great, it was the beginning of my first year being out of the army after being in there since I was 20 years old. After being court marshalled in 2011 for being later for work I decided not to stay a day after my 6 year contract thus I decided to start my own business selling motocross bikes. Well that didn't work out well @ all so I decided to sell clothes. That didn't work out either:angry: I ended up selling one of my bikes for next to nothing after loosing thousands of dollars. It then hit me, I remembered I can climb very well and so not afraid of heights I then bought an Echo CS400, New Tribe saddle, a silky Sugoi and some Buckingham climbers and all has been well ever since. I even got married in December Made good money and looking to make loads more in 2013 with the help of Almighty God..

Last edited:
Had a good year in 2012, my son finished the Urban Arboriculture course at Humber College and took over some of the climbing duties along with the driving and dumping assignments. Worked steadely up til Christmas with all equipment and saws ready to go. Finally takeing a vacation with the wife to Mexico next week, then to the ISA conference in mid Feb. in Niagara falls. Always looking for more experienced help. Be safe...Eugene

Had a great 2012. Ended it with a yard full of great, low hour equipment. Spent all my money so my tax burden is nil.
Seems like the economy is on the mend and you guys are tooling up so 2013 is looking real good.
Strategy for 2013, keep the overhead down and focus on what pays the most. But then again thats a good general principal.
:clap:

Had a good year in 2012, my son finished the Urban Arboriculture course at Humber College and took over some of the climbing duties along with the driving and dumping assignments. Worked steadely up til Christmas with all equipment and saws ready to go. Finally takeing a vacation with the wife to Mexico next week, then to the ISA conference in mid Feb. in Niagara falls. Always looking for more experienced help. Be safe...Eugene

Look out on Mexico. My cousins neighbors got kidnapped down there back in Nov. I wouldn't touch that place with a ten foot pole.

Had the best year I've had in the last four. I'm working more solo gigs, now, and enjoying it more, too, thanks to the great industrial-strength radio my gf bought me. I found two great guys, then lost them both to other pursuits. Found another good guy, great gal. Lost the gal when she was just played out on the physical side of the gig. She handled a saw better than 90% of the guys I've had working for me. We're still friends. Did more reports and tree surveys, started charging the right price for both. Did more lab work, as well. All in all, a pretty good year. Taxes may kick my butt, a bit more, though that goes with more business.

2012 was weird for me, best year ever with the business, worst year ever with the neck, coiwinkadink? I think not. Recruited by the big green machine to come out here to socal, only to find that there are more regs, red tape and a low pool of skilled workers. The average teenage kid from the mid west knows more than a 10 year vet here? Still have not decided whether I made a good call by coming here.
Miss all my toys, but don't miss the headaches, but then, I have knew headaches here, but WAY more resources and lots of good people to learn from...........so the jury is still out. Kept all the legal stuff going with the biz at home, just in case, so we will see what 2013 brings.

Latest posts

Back