How did you come up with your user name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May have done this before but I forget, I have a 68 Baracuda Formula S 383 4spd Convertable. Chrysler only built 64 big block convertables in 68. When I put mine on the Chrysler registry in 2001 there were only 8 of the cars known to exist, "rarefish383", Joe.

I like slabbin'......sans straight edge......

attachment.php

attachment.php

I answer to Root in public, and Root is my preferred user name, but not often available.
I choose Root for a variety of its meanings but primarily that the roots are the most important part of a tree or any plant, I traced my roots back to 1535, I root through the internet looking for Knowledge, My favorite beverage is Root beer.
as a Landscaper I also build ponds and waterfalls, Im an avid collector of stones and minerals
The X is used to denote a Hybrid in botanical nomenclature
RootsXRocks is a unique name and I have found no reference to anything other than myself, I have used it for nearly 10 years. you can pretty much bet that when you see it is me.
but you can call me ROOT and everyone in my circles will know who you are talking about.
Whew, Glad ya cleared that one up.lol

I do woodworking on the side and I use a fair about of figured North
American hardwoods like Birdseye maple, curly maple and curly black cherry. In a woodworking forum I had the screename Curlycherry but when I came over here Curlycherry was taken so I added a 1 on the end and the rest is history. Here is my kitchen I made from a log of plain sawn cherry and curly cherry for the panels (single log). The flooring is birdseye maple.

P1282925.jpg

I do woodworking on the side and I use a fair about of figured North
American hardwoods like Birdseye maple, curly maple and curly black cherry. In a woodworking forum I had the screename Curlycherry but when I came over here Curlycherry was taken so I added a 1 on the end and the rest is history. Here is my kitchen I made from a log of plain sawn cherry and curly cherry for the panels (single log). The flooring is birdseye maple.

P1282925.jpg

Beautiful. That pretty much says it all.:jawdrop:

Had to comment on that one:
I've an old (15yrs?) stihl orange back/bill and white front baseball style cap with that written across the front in stihl orange, bought somewhere in the southeast. I use to wear it a lot during the summer and got many quizzical looks, One of the best memortie is when I was doing summer salt marsh field work with my Biology professor (for my masters) and he kept on looking at me and I know he wanted to know what the ACRONYM stood for. Finally after about the third day he asked me, and I just deadpanned back "Damifino". He had to ask 3 times before he figured out that it wasn't an acronym.

And my user name is my birth sign which is my initials.

Last edited:
I like to do Chinese food!

are you kidding me????? :censored: Because IT'S what I like to DO!

Tell me again what you like to do with Tofu?

Personally I like to do chinese food once a week!
especially if it's made with seal meat!

It's not the size...

.SOOOOOO-----that would be me!! short, stout, not a very big handle and no point at all!!! :cheers::cheers:

Remember... it ain't the size of the handle, it's how you wield it!

anyone who sez otherwize ain't seen a pro in action!

Terry

It was the early internet. My name is Terry and I lived in Sydney. I don't live there anymore, but I've used the name for so long that I still use it as it provides continuity to my previous posts on other forums.

Now my email address is a bit more original. I used to be a barrister at the NSW Bar. The old hand Aussie barristers used to give me a bit of cheek because I am a Yank. I wrote up a story one time for the Bar News about my interaction with the Aussie barristers. I ended the story with this tale -

"You may remember the story of Tonto and the Lone Ranger. Tonto used to call the Lone Ranger 'kemo saby'. Well, 'kemo' is American plains Indian for 'friend', depending upon the context it could mean 'my friend', 'your friend', 'a friend' - 'saby' is an acronym S.A.B.Y. - it stands for Smart Arsed Bloody Yank."

I started getting called Kemo Saby - so, I now use the name for the email address.

I work in a laboratory. My name is actually not Johnny. He's a comic strip I do to lampoon coworkers, management, anything that I find amusing. I actually do our Lab's christmas card every year but that's about the only time "Johnny" shows up anymore. Too busy cutting wood!:)

Here's last years card(It was fitting for the time!):

attachment.php

Buffalo Airways? out of YZF?

Until recently I worked in the high arctic flying the old WWII iron around. These included the venerable Douglas DC-3, DC-4 and the Curtiss C-46 Commando... airliners with props, or propliners. Great machines!

I worked with Jim Smith in YYQ

Latest posts

Back