How did you come up with your user name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughters like to bust my balls . So one day I was wearing a new wide brimmed hat that my wife purchased for me . As soon as my daughters saw it they started " you look like a creepy stalker dad " . And I got to thinking , I like to hunt , and still hunting is my favorite technique , so the name came to me .

...was working on the top handle of my 020... it lost its spark... so i went online seeking some specs.... in the blink of an eye i was here looking at the pics... then i read a few posts and laughed my balls off... so i signed up... i did not know what to put for a username so i looked around the room... i got a huge chalk board on the wall with organic synthesis reactions on it... i looked around for a word but its all structures, arrows, and dots... was just about to look somewhere else-- then i saw at the top was formationRx... i thought "no one would have that name its too crazy" and bam it was me...

Cause when I joined this site, I only owned one saw, the Farmboss, and I was 45. Now I'm 46 and own 4 saws!

I've had the nickname of "Barney Rubble" (Flintstones for the younger crowd, not the big purple dinosaur) since I could walk and it's because of my last name. I was always short and built like a tank anyway so it has stuck through the years....

I picked Muffler Bearing because the user name God was already taken!
:msp_biggrin:

you need some quiet time there spanky.

name + house number...

My daughters like to bust my balls . So one day I was wearing a new wide brimmed hat that my wife purchased for me . As soon as my daughters saw it they started " you look like a creepy stalker dad " . And I got to thinking , I like to hunt , and still hunting is my favorite technique , so the name came to me .

HAHAHHAHA. Rep fest in here. WOOOHOOO!!!!

...was working on the top handle of my 020... it lost its spark... so i went online seeking some specs.... in the blink of an eye i was here looking at the pics... then i read a few posts and laughed my balls off... so i signed up... i did not know what to put for a username so i looked around the room... i got a huge chalk board on the wall with organic synthesis reactions on it... i looked around for a word but its all structures, arrows, and dots... was just about to look somewhere else-- then i saw at the top was formationRx... i thought "no one would have that name its too crazy" and bam it was me...

I knew that's how you picked your user name!
:msp_smile:

DSC_1323Small.jpg

Does that give anyone a idea were I got mine ?

Highway to hell?

When I was a young kid, there was a hatchet that I loved to get ahold of...
There was a time when Dad was sick and in the hospital, (heart trouble, early 60's)
so Mom was just worn out and busy working rotating shifts
and trying to keep the home together.
She accidentally left the door of the util/laundry room unlocked
(don't we kids keep check of such things!)

Well, there was a tall sweetgum stump on the back of our property
and I thought those sprouts would be great "tree chopin practice"
And Yeah, I'd been *very* warned about that swing through with a short handled tool.
(* some farmers, do it yourselfers ,etc, in my family tree)
anyhow, was wacking at the gum sprouts and nicked my leg.
Not quit stitch worthy (..by 1960's standards),
But enough to awaken a genuine respect for that tool.
So when signing up, that old adventure came to mind.

Mine is the initials of the middle names of three great past presidents. The number is the sum of the model numbers of my saws, multiplied by 18 which is the average lenght of the bars I use.

I'm kidding, It's my rank and badge number.

Had a friend ask me if I would help him get some firewood for his dad, as always I obliged a friend, me being abused by an echo for years and him having a husqvarna, he says, what the hell is that! Here, try mine! I was hooked from that point forward. As a tool and die maker / machinist I had to have a dozen tools for everything (still holds true today), I was told, " how many tools does a guy need, your a freak." So all these years later, Husky,Jonsered, Mac, Homelite,... you know the drill!:hmm3grin2orange:

i always had my head stuck in a motorcycle jug,in a moonshine jug or in between 2 big jugs so the name kinda stuck on me growin up.lol that and was named after jughaid from the snuffy smith comic strip.i had a coon skin hat when i was a lil feller.i've always went by plain old jughead on all my other boards but had too add 500 to the end on this board since plain old jughead was taken

Always been..................

A big fan of old southern bluesy rock and roll. My favorite band of all time has been the Allman Brothers,nothing sounds as
good as a slide guitar moaning the blues. I spent a lot of my younger years,watching them,the Marshall Tucker Band,Lynard Skynard,
Wet Willie and a few others . They played S.C. pretty regular. Favorite album by Allman Bros was "EAT A PEACH".
Just my way of remembering :cool2:

I just used the same name I had for an offshore fishing forum. My buddy and I do most of our fishing at a spot 40 miles off of Edisto Island in SC.

I also got married on Edisto Island almost 2 years ago (so my buddy and I could fish the day before).

AND my current research is done on the Edisto River.

I should have bought that house on Edisto Street...

Here's a shot of the start of a really nice day of fishing:

attachment.php
beautiful area, my best friend was house chairman of ECOMC ,right on the intercoastal headed out to Sullivans Isle. Fished
a lot of inshore tournaments out of Low Country Anglers, Allison Oswald out of James Island yacht club,and of course
East Cooper Outboard Motor Club. Good times.

Latest posts

Back