How late to apply roundup?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wysiwyg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It's been a dry summer and I haven't been able to make an application of roundup to the buckthorn stump regrowth since early June. We've had at least 2 hard frosts (mid 20's) already and about 3 or 4 nights in the low 30's, but its supposed to get up into the 60's next week. Will this be a good opportunity to make an application or is it too late in the season? The buckthorns have all put on some new growth since the good soaking in early September, and appear unaffected by the frosts. Thanks.

It's getting late, but you can still do it. I'd probably mix the Roundup heavier than normal, or go with straight concentrate wiped on the leaves or fresh cut stump by hand (with rubber gloves on).

This time of year is great to be treating with Roundup because the plants are translocating food to the roots, and along with that food goes the glyphosate....

HTH.

Dan

A buddy of mine that is in the know of chemical application has told me time and time again roundup has to be applied to the foliage or it simply will not work. Once it dries its done its thing, but I could be wrong....Rob

Rocky,

I just wanted to clairify myself, I wasnt saying you were wrong, I was hoping to reenforce what you was saying.....Rob

Back