How many cc"s is a sthil ms290?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrocket

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I used one of these saws tody at work, what a pooch! my husky 257 will cut rings around it so I assume it must be smaller. just curious.

I did"nt intend to bash sthils, even though I usually do! I"m surprized that its the same size as my husky, it seemed to run just fine, so I belive it was tuned okay, but had maybe half the power and speed of my 257.

Heck. They're all good if they make noise and the chain will turn. When there's silence with the exception of curse words, then they're bad. Kinda like the Macs I have(but I'm not bashing anyone elses Macs, just mine)...:laugh:

I did"nt intend to bash sthils, even though I usually do! I"m surprized that its the same size as my husky, it seemed to run just fine, so I belive it was tuned okay, but had maybe half the power and speed of my 257.
I have no intention of bashing any brand but I have a 257 and it ani't nothing to write the folks about.

I bought on that was straight gased and opened the ports and the muffler and i think its alright. My first stihl. Iam a husky guy but got it for a deal and thought it would be lighter than my 268 an 61 but not much.

The cutting speed on mine doubled when I replaced that junky low kickback chain with a RSC chain.
So the one you used must have had a safety chain and maybe a 20" bar.

If you didn't want to start a stihl bashing thread then why did you not just look it up on google? Not exactly hard to find the info.
:sucks:

OP clicked just as many times to post this as you would have at stihl.com to find the specs yourself.

Using only the keywords ms290 cc;
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=ms290+cc&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

I know i was sarcastic but i found the attempted negative rep (neutral rep) a bit too far, i could return the favour but i'm not spiteful
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back