How many of you have a chiminea?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chimney + fire = heat in one room

Chimney + fire + back boiler + pump = heat in all radiators in house + domestic hot water

At the price home heating oil is going it seems an ever more cheap option to heat a home, plus, you get to own chainsaws!

A person I work with and cut small pieces for their chiminea can't believe that I don't have one seeing how I'm into wood-just wondering if you guys have one and what the big deal is about them. Thanks!

some of the towns around here are beginning to ban them or have banned them. seems people have complained about the smoke. they're used mostly during the summer, for some reason, and usually the neighbor's windows are open and with the smoke.......hence the numerous complaints.

personally, i can't see any use for them.

I can't seem to find a use for them. Bon fire pit big enough to hold full pallets is situated nicely in my back yard.

If I was crunched for space, I'd still get a patio bonfire pit instead...

LOL, Ive just picked up on the fact that chimnea and chimney are not differences in American English and propper English!

Chimnea = Wood fed patio heater

Chimney = hole to let unwanted gasses away from a fireplace

Sorry for the dumb answer before! :dizzy:

Back