How many people burn wood do you think??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Dunno, but wood is the cheapest around here. Alot of folks have natural gas but the gas Co keeps increasing the prices.
Several of my customers have said they cut their heat bill a bunch with wood, even with it being bought.

I know in my house, I could heat for almost 3 years on wood for the price of 1 year of gas, and that's if I bought wood at the retail price.

Deleted member 83629
D

Deleted member 83629

2/3 of my town is heated with wood including a local hardware store and the CO-OP i heat with wood also.
7-8 people heat with wood on my road and the amish that live around here burn soft coal and you can usually tell they are by the soot,smoke,stink.

Greg Perryman

Greg Perryman

ArboristSite Operative
I really couldn't tell ya around here. Some and some don't. I do remember back during the propane shortage, everyone was looking for an alternative and wood sellers were in a scramble. Its my primary source of heat. Gives me a sense of security when I hear people turning down their thermostats to save money, I just chuck another stick on the fire.:D

benp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Last winter was warm? Have we forgotten about polar vortex II.

It was warmer than the winter before

Imo... The polar vortex is a pattern.

Xx amount of cold sub zero days followed by a day/hours of warmer weather. Rinse repeat.

When the Canucks unleashed the original one 2 winters ago, that ********** was brutal.

The thing is that pattern even plays into non winter weather if you pay attention.

Marine5068

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
We've had colder Winters here for the last 2 years and WAY more big snow storms.
I burned 50% more pellets in 2013 and 2014 then the previous ten years that I've been heating with pellets.
My wood consumption is about the same at two cords, but then I use wood primarily for shoulder seasons.
I've read that over 12 million homes in US and Canada heat with wood appliances and around 9 million of those are using non EPA rated units.
EPA is changing that, and as of 2015, new wood burning appliances will have to follow 4.5 gph emission guidelines now and down to 2 gph by the year 2020.
Last EPA standards were set in 1988 at 7 gph.

Marine5068

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Crap.
I was liking last Winter's days at -10C. It felt warm at that temp.
We get some damn cold temps here. Was hovering around -22 C to -32 C for most of Jan-Feb last Winter.
I hate it actually. My Dad was the same. We have warm blood and don't like our ears and toes cold...lol.
When I get a chill on, I love starting my wood stove and sitting in front of it with toes pointed out.
I'll sit there for a long time. Wife sometimes has to call me upstairs.

Latest posts