How much bar oil is enough?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my 660 saw from 2004 it uses about 1/3 tank of oil per 1/1 fuel tank with 20" bar on my Logosol mill ,i have newer had any problem with heating the bar or por oiling.

Like a couple posters above, mine uses about 3/4, maybe a little more per one tank of fuel. My adjustment screw is WFO. Sounds like you may have a bar issue. If it were me, I would make the dealer swap me a new bar. If you've got a comparable bar, try that first.

Try

Do this first. Pull the b/c off. Start it up, and give it small amounts of gas. See if any oil is coming out. Could be a faulty oil hole in the bar and nothing to do with the saw at all... It should come out smoothly, but in very small amounts from the oiler hole on the saw in between the 2 b/c lugs on the saw... See whatcha get...

:popcorn:

Do this first. Pull the b/c off. Start it up, and give it small amounts of gas. See if any oil is coming out. Could be a faulty oil hole in the bar and nothing to do with the saw at all... It should come out smoothly, but in very small amounts from the oiler hole on the saw in between the 2 b/c lugs on the saw... See whatcha get...

Post #18. I did that, and it seems to oil fine. A fair amount came out. I will check the bar carefully. It does not soak everything within three feet like an 028 or early 026, but I suspect that it is OK for a Stihl chain with the oil groove.

I always sprayed a stump to check when I use to run Stihls. Huskys seem to oil like banshees. The oiler pumps almost as hard at idle.

hmmmm...

I always sprayed a stump to check when I use to run Stihls. Huskys seem to oil like banshees. The oiler pumps almost as hard at idle.

Interesting dude. On the 4 huskies I got, not a single one puts out oil like my stihls... Very strange indeed... On my 036 I can get it to put out so much it'll use a tank of oil before the gas is 1/2 gone if I want...

Back