How much do you pay per ton at the landfill.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been to the dump in years, but I think it was about 12 bucks a ton for chips and armwood, and they wouldn't take anything larger than 3-4 inches.

Here's how I roll:

Hardwood: Limbs chipped and sold to local residents and landscapers as mulch (the Fitchburg makes NICE chips) armwood and low quality logs cut and processed into firewood, quality logs sold for dimensional lumber and veneer at the mill.

Softwood: Limbs chipped and dumped on my property to rot, saw logs to the mill for dimensional lumber or pulpwood, and the rest processed into "camp fire wood" for the hippies to burn every year when they re-enact the woodstock festival in Bethel, NY.

Trees can be a real racket if you can find a market for the chips, firewood, and logs. Get paid to do the removal, get paid for firewood, get paid for the chips, get paid for the logs. It's a win-win-win-win in my book.

I dont pay anything to get rid of waste. I have farmers standing in line for chips to put in the tracks of their center pivot sprinkler tracks. There are 2 or 3 guys that buy any lumber off me for fire wood and one guy htat will buy any strait hard woods for his wood shop. If I am in a slump and cant get ahold of any one I can take it to the county baler unit, they compress and bale trash before it goes in the landfill, and dump for free, chips in one pile and everything in another pile. They run a tub grinder a couple times a year to chip all the big stuff. it all gets turned in to mulch that they sell to residents for about $20 a pick up load.

I don't pay for anything other than pine , all other material is dumped free of charge to the local greenhouse who burns 22 outdoor burners to heat there houses with steam ...SSSHHHHH dont tell anyone else

Yeah, but you probably get much more for cutting the tree down than we do here.

Oh, you can have your mecca. I like my 5 acres of country living outside the city limits. :biggrinbounce2:

I know what you mean, and I grew up far away from cities too. I know every time I go out to the mountains for some R&R I look off of those mountains, and my eyes can't believe what they are seeing. No sign, signals, faces, cars..... Just nature for miles and miles. It's neat, and I get a completely different estimation of the value of myself or anyone else after those trips.

For The Action, I am in this area too and I dont think people understand how strict and screwed-up this state is. I just got a ticket for cell use on the freeway, first one= $180.00 plus $232.00 for traffic school. Anyway, you need to get out and meet people on large property, local fire district, Cal-Trans, etc, you would not believe the people who want it. Remember, we are in the burn area here.
Jeff

I was given a ticket for that. I better get a ear piece type connection for that, and a holder to connect to the dash.

As far as the rest of the comment, did you mean there is plenty of good paying work if you know where to look?

I have one place to dump here, and it's the city landfill about 6 miles out of town. lumber, yard waste, and tree limbs and branches are free. But with trunks and limbs anything over 12" in dia. has to go the construction debri pit along with root balls because of the dirt. The reason being their tub grinder won't take objects of that size and they don't won't the dirt in it. If it goes in the debri pit they charge $8.00 per ton. Usually I don't pay anything unless it's a removal. If I bring in the trunk it only cost me about $10-$20.
Fortunatley one of the guys on fire dept. works for the city and lets me dump the trunks at the location of our high school bon fire and XIT BBQ pit if I cut them into smaller pieces which helps a lot.

Latest posts

Back