How much increase in homeowners insurance?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No change at all here, I told my agent about the installation when I put it in years ago, that I pulled a permit and it was inspected by the building department and she said no problem.

:clap:

I think mine went up 3 or 400 dollars a year. It seems outragous but I figured I was saving over $3000 a year not burning fuel oil, so I didn't complain a whole lot!

Talked to my agent. He said clearances have to be to code and they have to know about the stove or furnace. There will be no increase. I love Allstate!

We have state farm, and there was no increase in our premiums. No pictures, no inspection. It was nothing at all to them.

Homeowners' insurance in southeast michigan = $70/yr for the woodstove rider. All they wanted were a few photos and a copy of the approved permit. They didn't ask if it was primary or supplemental heat.

i was just asking my ins. co that question yesterday. they didnt care at all, or want to see the installation. which to me is kind of odd. i am definetly going to do permits and have it inspected though.

Latest posts

Back