How much would you pay to paint a stump grinder your company colors?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApexTreeService

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My paint guy quoted me $800 to paint a Vermeer SC252 three wheel stump grinder with single stage industrial enamel and have a few of the decals remade such as the warnings. He does good work and said he'd power wash it, apply primer, and take off a few parts so as not to just paint everything. Worth it?

I would like a fresh machine with my logos on it pulling up to job sites this summer, but considering doing it myself. On the other hand I could pull the machine through the neighbor hoods on a Saturday and do $800 worth of grindings.

I personally wouldn't do it. The vermeer colors look fine and you can have it lettered or make magnetic signs for it. Logos on your truck would more effective. you might hurt the re-sale a bit as well.

if current paint job is in poor condition, I'd paint it. $800 is fair although I just had a guy paint my rayco for $500 but he has very low overhead (small shop) and I didn't require a perfect paint job...View attachment 239064View attachment 239065. I had to buy and put on the decals myself (not included in $500 paint job price). If the current paint is decent, just put logos on your truck as mentioned previously. You don't need your grinder to match the tow vehicle. I made that mistake and painted my bc1800 chipper to match my chip truck. In hind sight, it was overkill. I should have just painted it the vermeer factory yellow.

ap

Well I bit the bullet. $650 to paint it. My guy went above and beyond. I have my company number, email address, and "stump removal" red 3M scotchcal reflective lettering on white back ground (company colors). I have to paint the trailer now cause it looks so horrible, he said $150. I'm on that.View attachment 239943

Back