How old is your wood furnace?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aokpops

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
my old wood furnace is getting close to 30 year old .thought a few years back about getting a new one .this thing just kepts on going bring on another 30

Wow,I hope I get 30 out of my royal!

It is going on year 6!

:cheers:

My Charmaster was put in 1978. Still works great! I'm starting to think it's going to outlast me. They still sell the exact same model. If mine ever wears out I'm putting the exact same one in. They are an impressive furnace.

just throw a new gasket on the door every few years . give an outrages price for it used about 150.00. hey if they pay you cheap spend cheap. not into paying people that look down on hard working people .

Clayton

I installed my new Clayton 1600 in 1988 , the name plate shows manufacture date of 1883, has been a good furnace.

TEDMI
000_0628.jpg

Elderly friend of mine replaced a 25 year old energy king this winter. He went with a yukon oil/wood combo. sold his old furnacefor half what he paid new! You always get what you pay for.always

got 20 years on my hardy. no major problems.:fart:
Same here,21 yrs and maybe 200 cord. 1st couple of years we were burning green and a bunch of it.This year we burned 9 and thats been the most for several years.You kinda learn things over the years to make life with an OWB easierAny way you look at it, its a lot of work tho.

Hardy OWB

I've got a Hardy OWB that was sold new in 1984. Bought it from my uncle 7-8 years ago. I wouldn't trade it for a new one just like it used it year round since I got it. I cut his wood for him for over ten years before he decide to sell it to me. Yeah I've had to replace small things but structurally speaking its all original. Thing is so simple even a :monkey: like me can work on it.

We have a yukon husky/eagle 1 and in august it will be 30, well the shell anyway, this fall we replaced the firebox and heat exchanger.

sure now one has heard of a fire fox bought it from a local ad for 150.00 . about 18 years ago think it was about 10 years old then probably from the first energy crisis

I have a longwood in my house from 1978 and a blaze king stove from 1982. I am hoping to replace the longwood soon with a yukon, but other than needing grates it is in great shape.

northland 1973

my father put a wood oil boiler in. still going strong.they built it very well. k

Latest posts

Back