How To Use A Dolmar 7910 Top End On A Solo 665

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy I wanna still your thread for a second. Hope it's ok. ;)
I wanna show you guys some pics of why randy is trying so hard to find another coil. I got this saw in from a customer. He did the 272xp coil mod and poleman carb mods on this saw.he did a really good job till things went south for him. It's very easy to jack this part up. And anytime you need to put a coil wire on these saws you take this chance.

This thread is about how to fit a 7910 top end on a Solo 665. Remember?

If I figure out a better coil, I'll happily share details on that.

Randy I wanna still your thread for a second. Hope it's ok. ;)
I wanna show you guys some pics of why randy is trying so hard to find another coil. I got this saw in from a customer. He did the 272xp coil mod and poleman carb mods on this saw.he did a really good job till things went south for him. It's very easy to jack this part up. And anytime you need to put a coil wire on these saws you take this chance.

Go right ahead Carl.

Good stuff there.

Things got a little miss marked and with no key in the flywheel wheel it's bad from there. This saw would start and run. Not well but would flood really bad and was running super hot. And it was all a matter of what he thought was 28 degrees was actually in the 15-18 range. This is just after about 20 sec run time. Fuel was everywhere and it was getting hot in a hurry.

Attachments

• 20151214_173117.jpg
    20151214_173117.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 65
And this was all caused because he had the fin I am pointing at marked as TDC in relation to a specific point on the case. When it was actually the fin to the right. No biggy. Easy find when you have the tools and a spare saw sitting around. I just wanted to share this to let you guys know why Randy is really trying to find a easier coil method for these. Thank you Randy for what your doing and sorry for swiping for a few messages.

Attachments

• 20151214_172815.jpg
    20151214_172815.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 30
Carry on brother. I'm just not interested in talking about porting details. This is a great topic though.

Carry on brother. I'm just not interested in talking about porting details. This is a great topic though.
No porting details here. Just timing. I was working on this saw and thought. Maybe this will explain why the 272xp coil works great but is a pain in the azz unless you want to rekey the flywheel. Lol.

No porting details here. Just timing. I was working on this saw and thought. Maybe this will explain why the 272xp coil works great but is a pain in the azz unless you want to rekey the flywheel. Lol.

The Solo crank has a real keyway. That means I can broach the flywheel, and use a key on these.

I'm working on a solution. When I'm done, and know it works, I'll post it for everyone to see.

I'd rather share than keep any secrets. It's just how I am......

Thank you you much friend I was bout to guess things but. I know how you don't keep secrets. I just never would of guessed stuff.

They are amazing saws. Randy. Do you ever find a need to mod the oiler?

David

Back