How would you handle this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookies

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I placed a order for a piston kit from a known to this site supplier, listed to include wrist pin, circlip pin retainers, Japanese chrome ring and piston on their website. This is not a stock piston, no piston measurements or directions for replacement pin substitution were included.
It came with a cast iron caber ring, piston and circlips....No pin no chrome ring.
I sent 2 emails and tried calling 2x, once on monday and once on tuesday, no email replies no return call etc
Its a really nice piston but i'm pretty mad about the lack of simple answers and customer service but hey at least they managed to shove 5 stickers and a not responsible/no harm disclosure in the box.
How would you handle this going forward, I don't want to be petty but I want what I thought I was paying 150 bucks to get.

If it's a small operation, there's always a chance they had some family emergency. I would give it a couple more days.
Are they Site sponsors? Did you PM them? If it's a larger business, they should have someone there to handle this. If no response in a couple days, share it on the Site. Maybe they'll see it here and respond or someone they know will tell them there is a problem they need to address.

If it's a small operation, there's always a chance they had some family emergency. I would give it a couple more days.
Are they Site sponsors? Did you PM them? If it's a larger business, they should have someone there to handle this. If no response in a couple days, share it on the Site. Maybe they'll see it here and respond or someone they know will tell them there is a problem they need to address.
I don't think they are a sponsor on "this" forum but are on the other that shall not be named. Im trying to be as patient as possible and wish not to oust any ones business in this community without real reasons for it, much preferring to lift them up and encourage more business so they can thrive so we all benefit.

I placed a order for a piston kit from a known to this site supplier, listed to include wrist pin, circlip pin retainers, Japanese chrome ring and piston on their website. This is not a stock piston, no piston measurements or directions for replacement pin substitution were included.
It came with a cast iron caber ring, piston and circlips....No pin no chrome ring.
I sent 2 emails and tried calling 2x, once on monday and once on tuesday, no email replies no return call etc
Its a really nice piston but i'm pretty mad about the lack of simple answers and customer service but hey at least they managed to shove 5 stickers and a not responsible/no harm disclosure in the box.
How would you handle this going forward, I don't want to be petty but I want what I thought I was paying 150 bucks to get.
Well, let's see, if it went on a train thru L.A, California, it maybe laying in the gravel trackside in that 3-miles of thief pilfered railroad cars; OTOH, I had three packages never arrived, one reshipped came in soon after, two I cancelled and got credited after 3-4-weeks. Then one package went from CA to MS in 24-hrs, but another 10+ days to make it the 10-miles to MY house?

Well, let's see, if it went on a train thru L.A, California, it maybe laying in the gravel trackside in that 3-miles of thief pilfered railroad cars; OTOH, I had three packages never arrived, one reshipped came in soon after, two I cancelled and got credited after 3-4-weeks. Then one package went from CA to MS in 24-hrs, but another 10+ days to make it the 10-miles to MY house?
The weisco piston kit was missing the piston wrist pin and came with the wrong ring. Ups got it here on time undamaged. I got mad at wasting my time with this crap and ordered a new pin from stihl after measuring the pin bore.

I guess its time for the full story since it's been over 10 days. The Order was placed with ChainsawCC dot com, The piston kit was described to come with wrist pin, Cir clips, Japanese chromed ring and piston. It came with cir clips, piston and a caber ring for 150 dollars, no damage to the package or shipping box. I attempted contacting via their main business email, facebook messenger and even the phone number UPS requires businesses provide. What made it angering is the fact its listed to come with certain things and the total blatant ignorance of a customers attempts to contact to get needed information. Meaning It took a additional full business week to get the missing parts from the local stihl dealer. Pretty bad business practice in my opinion considering the fact I have spent over 1k on parts through them in the last year.

We are a Cannon Super Dealer, the easiest way to get what you are looking for is an email to [email protected] with your model saw, length, gauge and pitch you are looking for and anything special like a lite bar, milling bar, carving bar, racing bar, etc.
thanks
Dave
I'd contact @Definitive Dave either through here or via the email listed above and talk with him.

I'd contact @Definitive Dave either through here or via the email listed above and talk with him.
I sent A email to that address 10 days ago, sent him a private message on the outdoor forum, called his business phone "Definitive daves landscaping" and left a message, sent his facebook page a private message... not all on the same day, was polite about it and requested to be contacted. If I have to work that hard to get answers let alone a reply then something is wrong on their end.

Day 18 I Finally got a email response apologizing for the mistake, I explained it might be a good idea to include a little blueprint of the piston or suggested oem part numbers for builders to help everyone out incase this ever happens again or replacements sourced . This saw is a bear to pull over even with a decompression valve.

I hear Dave has had a some pretty difficult family stuff recently. He’s a straight shooter.

Are you sure the Stihl rings are chrome?

I hear Dave has had a some pretty difficult family stuff recently. He’s a straight shooter.

Are you sure the Stihl rings are chrome?
The plan was to use the chrome ring in a meteor cylinder I ported/decked but since it came without it I went with a stihl ring in a mahle/stihl cylinder. Stihl rings are not chrome faced but are designed to run in their cylinders.

Back