HT101 POLE saw slobbers fuel out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dls

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My HT101 Stihl pole saw is slobbering fuel out the tank vent tube in the filter box. I thought it was a carb problem when it wouldn't run. Put on a new carb, all new hoses. Today it would start then act like it was flooding out with no acceleration. I took off filter to see if the choke was working, started it and it ran fine. Left it idle while doing some other stuff and saw it was slobbering fuel out the tube under the filter. Is there a valve in the top of the tank or is it a carb problem why the gas is being forced out of the tank vent? Runs fine with no filter but it mists me in fuel. Put the filter in the box and it floods it. the filter is new.

Replace your tank vent.
There is a check valve leaking in it probably. .
The heat expansion is forcing fuel out of the vent onto the air filter.
Try not to fill it completely up is a good idea too.
Careful not to damage your bung hole when you pry the vent out......lol

Replace your tank vent.
There is a check valve leaking in it probably. .
The heat expansion is forcing fuel out of the vent onto the air filter.
Try not to fill it completely up is a good idea too.
Careful not to damage your bung hole when you pry the vent out......lol

f0eee6aa2dc0e61102abb330579d8aa3.jpg

If you pop the top off it, there is a hole in the center that a #10 self taping screw will go right in. Then, just give it a yank. No damage. Guaranteed.
After butchering a few tank, a better way had to be found. Sometimes they pop right out with a little pry. Sometimes they don't.
But doing anything around a bunghole can be risky.

Dealer had it. $11. First time in ??????????????? I did not have to order and wait 2 weeks. I currently have several parts on order from 3 different dealers for saws. You were correct, that fixed it. Took old vent apart and saw the valve and could see how it works. Had no idea that was inside it. Popped out easily by driving a small screw driver through it at the slot angling under the o-ring. No damage issues. No worries. It is NOT like a new toilet seat on a broken toilet so All is well. Cheers. d

Latest posts

Back