HUGE load of oak!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Big score this week- tree service asked if I wanted oak. Said he wanted some money for it. Of course I said 'yes.'

Two large trees being removed across town. Here are most of the first batch (3 dump trucks and a big trailer load):

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I also dropped a partial load to a neighbor.
That pile is about 7' tall. I still have yet to get the main trunks and upper branches of part of the second tree. All this for $200.

What do you do to kill ants when processing your wood around your home? My guess is you will come across an or two in that pile of wood. I try to be prepared so when a round busts open and they start to scatter I kill them quickly. I had a team of Ant Eaters but one of my neighbors called the humane society and I had to sell them Craigslist to a family of gypsies. Yup!

Pretty tolerant neighbors, but my goal is to clean that up as quick as I can anyway. Directly across the street is a vacant lot and a vacant house. Nothing else on the block on that side of the street. Next door is a rental with some Mexicans who work for a lawn care business. Hardly see them. They don't care.

If I do get a notice, I'll just tell them I'm working as fast as I can. The city is pretty good about things like this. They often ignore a lot of complaints. They'll drive by and take a peek at every complaint, but if it's no big deal, they won't even bother to notify the owner. This is a great town.

Let me get this straight...you MR 'stachio, who runs a tree trimming service, and gets paid to take trees down and haul them away, PAID a fellow tree service dood to dispose of his wood for him? o_O Don't get me wrong, that's a nice pile for $200 but still, you PAID for wood...you are supposed to get paid to take it away!

Brenndatomu, yes, I feel rather guilty about it. I've been watching that tree die for a few years now and really wanted it. $200 is a great price for that amount of wood. Here are some pics of the next 2 loads.

image.jpeg

Before dumping

image.jpeg

After dumping. Hey, where's my side rails???

image.jpeg

There they are! No damage to my FIL's fence or asparagus.

image.jpeg

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to Make firewood out of wood that size. How to you plan on making those big sticks into little ones.
Just throw 'em up on the SS and let it pound away at 'em dontcha know...:laughing: (might be easier to hang the SS upside down over top of those rounds though :happy:)

Looks like your Super splitter is got it's work cutout for the next couple days. . . :) I have a free 60ft 0ak trunk that I am gonna start working on. . .the top of the trees canopy was blown off by a massive lightening strike. I say free but it will cost me atleast $100 in fuel to transport it to my place. . .

Um...you're gonna need a bigger saw!

I've got a ported 90cc and I'm in the vacinity...just saying! Noodle party!

Back