huntingcabin progress

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty12

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Been showing from time to time the progress on my 1200 foot hunting cabin Ive been working on for about a year.

Just about all wood in the place is recycled. Beams from old barns. Barnwood paneling and dead trees I milled

Here are some pics of a bar I just put in. Used a 3inch thick 9 foot long slab of red oak. and some old hand hewn barn beams i salvaged. Still need to put a coat of poly or tung oil or something to seal it...havent decided on that yet.

also going to inlay a piece of 1 inch metal on the outside edge to prevent the split end from getting worse. Found an old tractor drawbar for that.

Having a blast thinkin this stuff up!

Nice pics. You got electricity at your hunting cabin!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very Nice!!

I am in the planning stages for a cabin of my own, I hope mine turns out half as well..

Is that a textured and colored cement floor? I know it a wood milling site but I would really like some details! Did you put in floor heating in as well?

Do you have a link to more of your build ?

Yes textured and stained concrete. I dont have another site. I'll try to get some more pics on this thread.

I recommend it for a finished basement or cabin. Keeps varmints out and its virtually indestructible as long as you keep the water out from under it. Just dont go too crazy on the stamp depth if you want to keep it clean. nooks and cranny's are hard to wash out.

did not do floor heating. I wish i would have but it just got to be too complicated with my work schedule and everything else I was trying to do.

My most important lesson I learned is don't get cheap on the insulation. I did cellulose blown in 6 inches on exterior walls and 12 inches in the ceiling. It is incredibly efficient. Like being in a cave. and its not really that much money cost me $1700 for a 1200 feet of living area.

Last edited:
countertops

started on the counter tops. gonna make those out of oak too. we planed them down to 2 inches and ripped into 8 inch pieces then joining them. the slabs had alot of dead stuff on them as you can see in the pics. but we cut it out. Pics should be alot more interesting next week as we will have the wood joined and the finished product will be more apparant

Yes textured and stained concrete. I dont have another site. I'll try to get some more pics on this thread.

I recommend it for a finished basement or cabin. Keeps varmints out and its virtually indestructible as long as you keep the water out from under it. Just dont go too crazy on the stamp depth if you want to keep it clean. nooks and cranny's are hard to wash out.

did not do floor heating. I wish i would have but it just got to be too complicated with my work schedule and everything else I was trying to do.

My most important lesson I learned is don't get cheap on the insulation. I did cellulose blown in 6 inches on exterior walls and 12 inches in the ceiling. It is incredibly efficient. Like being in a cave. and its not really that much money cost me $1700 for a 1200 feet of living area.
Hell, I thought I was muscle bound after years of crane work.:greenchainsaw:
We just had 15 inchs blown in our attic, 12 inchs in the 3 car garage.
A major difference along with 4 more roof wind turbines & 24 more roof vents.

Good luck with the rest.

Latest posts

Back