Hurricane Katrina

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eye forms

Rutt Row. http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/huirloop.html

attachment.php

I know, I'm usually the first to comment on a derail. I wouldn't even comment on something so far out in the Atlantic, except it's going to eat an island with one of our friends on it.

A true derail is taking the topic completely off-topic. Since the topic involves hurricanes, is it a total derail to momentarily talk about another hurricane? I suppose it is.

attachment.php

OK, back to KATRINA. Here's what I've done with treeguy.info. I'm pitching an 'Adopt an Arborist' program as an experiment, and I've spent most of today <b>sourcing maps</b>, which I have posted at the far bottom of the column. Then I transferrred many of these to the Hurricane Cleanup thread. Go take a look, http://treeguy.info/articlebody.php?section_id=5&article_id=252

attachment.php

Nate nears BDA

Latest,
Been packing and getting stuff ready for the blow all day, roof checked shutters shut, generator ready, saws running, plenty of gas! Living on an island as I do, we all have to get boats either pulled up or put on the moorings. Not sure if my flight will get out tomorrow
Good news is that Nate is staying to the south, closest point of approach Thursday about 4pm 80 miles south. Hopefully nothing more than 50-60 knots, we're on the 'good' side of the storm. The emergency measures organization met at 5:00pm and its business as usual tomorrow, everything will be open, however all the cruise ships left today just to be sure.
As for the derail comment, its nice to know people care buddy, especially when you listen to the American news and they make comments like 'the storms are well offshore and pose no threat to anyone' WELL there are just 70,000 PEOPLE out here! So pppphttt!!! We don't have anywhere to evacute to, we deal with it starting at least three days before it gets here.
Good luck with the Katrina relief, stay safe.

Looks like Nate's a fizzle, thank God.
It's finally picked up some momentum and will pass over 100 miles SSE. We're not going to get more than 40 knots. :blob2: :cool:

Thanks for staying in touch with us, Bermie. Nate has begun taking a direction, but Girl, you're not out of the woods yet. Remember Hurricane Jeanne last year? She was heading north into the Atlantic, hung a right going east, kept hanging a right, to the south, and on around this circle until she had a sight set directly on east central Florida where she slowly travelled straight toward the state and came ashore. The part to remember, with a hurricane, it ain't over til it's over.

We're going to keep a watch over you, Bermie, and just because we're going to move back onto the subject of Katrina, do not think that we're forgetting about you.

attachment.php

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7845030/
Check out the hurricane tracker here. Ophelia is making me a bit nervous after what Jeanne did last year. Watch Jeanne's path on the tracker and you'll see what I mean. Jean did like a Doughnut and came back and slammed FL and they say Ophelia could do the same.

Latest posts

Back