Hurricane Proof Trees???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treeman14

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just saw an ad on cable for a local tree service. They claim to "hurricane proof your trees". I was just wondering how they might do that. They also feature "topping" and "feeding" as part of their services. Perhaps they cut off all the branches and just leave a nice pole in your yard?
And if that's not enough, they'll also "beat any competitor's estimate".

Hey,

You should get some friends together and have him come over and look at their trees. Ask them to show him a bid of yours for $10/tree and videotape the reaction.

Nickrosis

we can hurricane proof your trees guaranteed
we'll hurricane proof your trees guaranteed or your money back!!
at no extra charge to you we'll dig'em up and replant them in kansas!!!!! no problem!!!!! although we do not cover tornado damage!!!!!
thanks for your intrest,
budroe:D

We can Hurricane Proof your Trees and when we are finished we will even Grind the stump for an Extra fee of course. :blob2:

As bad as it sounds living here in FL, I am waiting and hoping for a hurricane. I think a direct hit about 50 miles from me would be just about perfect. Keep those guys away from here, Last thing I want is a good cat4 hurricane and these jokers have already hurricane proofed all the trees. (haha!!)
Those guys must be complete idiots, anyone who has watched a little TV and has seen the aftermath of a hurricane would know that they are full of crap.
I think that beating or meeting all estimates is a poor way to position your business, is price all you have to offer?
Greg

Greg your Correct after seeing the Aftermath of Hurricane Andrew in the Early 90's and seeing 2' Plus trees Lying all up and down US 1. Thru Buildings Under buildings ect the only way to hurricane proof 1 is to remove it.

How is a tornado similar to a divorce?

You know you are going to loose the trailer...

It seems pretty futile for one to claim they can whatever-proof something against mother nature. If she wants that tree down, it's goin down. There are no guarantees, but on the other hand, a properly pruned, well rooted, healthy tree probably stands a better chance vs a hurricane than a butchered up McPeak Special.
-Sean

What a Crock

I dont know what tree service that was but thats be biggest load a donkey dung I've ever heard. David is 100% correct when he says the only way to hurricane proof a tree is to remove it. I have been through plenty of hurricanes living in Florida my whole life and there is just no such thing. Greg makes a good point though. I would also like to see a nice hurricane swing by and knock down some trees. It makes for unlimited work for all the arborists in the state.

I used to jokingly say I wished for an ice storm to generate some work.

After spending a week in KC after their storm, I will never ever wish that on any one again. Even in jest.

I's likes my trees too much!:angel:

Back