Husky 141LE with melted plastic parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVB

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This may been have asked before but it is first I have ran into this kinda problem.

I have a customer's Husky 141 LE in the shop that overheated the coil and carburetor adpator plate (specific the impulse port of the adaptor) to point that plastic melted. I look for an air flow problem everything is clean and open. The saw runs very well since I replaced the coil and re-open the plugged impulse port.

My question could this have been caused running the saw with the wrong fuel mix ie too little oil?

This may been have asked before but it is first I have ran into this kinda problem.

I have a customer's Husky 141 LE in the shop that overheated the coil and carburetor adpator plate (specific the impulse port of the adaptor) to point that plastic melted. I look for an air flow problem everything is clean and open. The saw runs very well since I replaced the coil and re-open the plugged impulse port.

My question could this have been caused running the saw with the wrong fuel mix ie too little oil?
The LE versions have a cat muffler ("Low Emissions") so maybe that was the source of the heat?

Back