husky 2100 advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skypie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been working on a Husky 2100cd for a friend and found the crankcase gasket to be gone, yes it isn't there, on the bottom half of the case. My question is how to get the case apart. The bearing seems to be stuck on the shaft and wont budge from either side. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Skypie

I have been working on a Husky 2100cd for a friend and found the crankcase gasket to be gone, yes it isn't there, on the bottom half of the case. My question is how to get the case apart. The bearing seems to be stuck on the shaft and wont budge from either side. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Skypie

Do you have the flywheel off?

My advice is to go over to the chainsaw section and do some searches. Keywords = case, split, splitting, bearings, seals. There are some special service tools for splitting cases, but many here have fabricated workarounds. The 2100 has through bolts holding the cases together and some alignment rods. The Husqvarna website also has an illustratd parts lists that you can download for free, it will help you see how the saw is put together.

It IS one of the more involved things you'll do with a chainsaw, but some of these guys do it all the time.

Husky 2100

I had everything off that would come off. It acted like the bearing wouldn't come off the crankshaft. The case would open about 1/8 inch so I ran high temp silicone into the crack and bolted it back up. I will post how it works when it has time to cure. Before the saw wouldn't slow down, just ran fast all the time. I realized I posted this on the wrong site so it I posted in the chainsaw section also. Thanks for your help!

I had everything off that would come off. It acted like the bearing wouldn't come off the crankshaft. The case would open about 1/8 inch so I ran high temp silicone into the crack and bolted it back up. I will post how it works when it has time to cure. Before the saw wouldn't slow down, just ran fast all the time. I realized I posted this on the wrong site so it I posted in the chainsaw section also. Thanks for your help!

Were any of the bolts broken? I had this happen We had to biuld a gasket as the dealer didn't have one silicone may work fingers crossed for ya!

Latest posts

Back