Husky 257 rim?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just bought a couple of small spline .325P 7T rims just to have on stand by for my main saws (husky 257 & cub cadet 5018) The rims work on the cub cadet saw but not on my 257. Actually I was wanting to change out the .375 rim for the .325 so i could run .325 bar & chain set up since I have a bunch of em'(see if it was quicker or torqier) My 257 is running .375 @ 20"bar...A little too much IMO, I figured if I drop it to .325 @18"bar I might get better performance. Anyways to get to the point...I thought the 257 shared the same clutch set up as the rest of the small/med huskies?(345/350/346xp etc)
I just want to confirm...does the 257 take a large spline rim? Or does it take a proprietary rim or something? I don't want to make an order for nothing if you get my drift. If someone could just straiten me out..thanks.:help:

I maybe wrong, but I thought all saws up to 262xp in Husky's 200 series saws, have small splines. 272xp and larger had large splines. Hope this helps.

-Nick

Nicholas said:
I maybe wrong, but I thought all saws up to 262xp in Husky's 200 series saws, have small splines. 272xp and larger had large splines. Hope this helps.

-Nick

Yeah brother..thats what i thought and the rims I bought were supposed to work on a husky 350 etc. I bought the 257 used, I just wonder if the original owner put a wierd sprocket setup on or something??? The rims almost work just slightly smaller than the original 257 rim. This sucks.

Yeah, the original owner may have installed a aftermarket clutch hub on to the saw. One way to tell it if the spocket is origianl is to look for "EM", "EM Original", "Made in Sweden", and part #'s on the clutch hub.

Also go to a website like www.jackssmallengines.com or www.milacalawn.com and use their parts look up data base. Maybe you can cross reference, or verify part #'s. You may also call Bailey's, I am sure one of their service techs could set you up with the right parts.

Hope this helps,

Nick Gajewski

Latest posts

Back