• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Husky 262XP flywheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purdyite

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in need of a flywheel for a 1995 Husqvarna 262xp, serial number may be #5080127 (number on the nameplate). I think the part number is 503529401. The key is sheared on mine. Thanks for any help.

I am in need of a flywheel for a 1995 Husqvarna 262xp, serial number may be #5080127 (number on the nameplate). I think the part number is 503529401. The key is sheared on mine. Thanks for any help.
Don't worry about the key. Lap it and guy-coat it and lap again. You can mark the timing position with no key. It is not needed.

Ok...please describe lapping and guy-coating it. Never tried that, not familiar with it...but thanks for offering a solution!
70°F or above is best.

Clean and dust on some spray bomb LIGHTLY! Let it dry completely.
Black or dark colors are best.

Use valve lapping compound found at your local autoparts or online. Rotate to lap them together. Back and forth with a quarter turn, repeat four times 90° apart.

Clean with some sovent or spray nine ect.

Mark the slots in the face of the crank and the flywheel.

Bolt it up with loctite on the taper face.
Wait one day to cure. Use blue it will never move. Use red and it will never come back off without excessive heat.

Go forward.

Pics of your hub please and the crank face taper near the woodruff key.

That will clean up nice. The key hole is done but you can still use one if you so choose. Concentrate inside the hub. The crank is hard enough to stay the same.

Try guy coating inside that hub and work on that.

That is a nice hard crank to turn that Woodruff key basically into shreds when it blended it up.

ok--what's guy coating?
A very light dusting of color.
Guide coat is also used as a term in the industry. Probably others one could assume

Guycoat or guide coat was how you block sand down primer doing restorations. It shows bullseye, edges, chips, tiny dents or dingers or other imperfections in surfaces regardless of the materials. Color contrast and light pressure is the trick.

Lapping valves we use things like red or blue dykem or other colors usually laid out or sprayed on like ink. Contrast in surfaces is what you look for lapping. We measure the margins for concentricity.
Look it up 😉

Back