Husqvarna 440e flywheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edmxz2002

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a 440 with a sheared flywheel key. The numbers on the back read 5448742 30.
I have not been able to find an exact match and I am starting to think the 30 is not important?
440e.jpg
Would the 544 87 42-01 flywheel work on my saw?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Ed

The key is actually just for timing. The opposing cone shape of the crank and flywheel is what holds it in place. If you align what's left of the cast in key with the keyway in the crank and tap it down and put the nut on torqued good and tight, it should be fine. It won't cost you anything to try it.

The key is actually just for timing. The opposing cone shape of the crank and flywheel is what holds it in place. If you align what's left of the cast in key with the keyway in the crank and tap it down and put the nut on torqued good and tight, it should be fine. It won't cost you anything to try it.
The key is smudged into the flywheel and I can't get it lined up perfectly. I have tried a couple times and it will run but not good. It backfired threw the carb on one try and just sputtered on the second try. I can't get it just right. I might try again tomorrow when I have a little more time.

Ed

Back