Husky 272xp hd filter upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeynuts

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a husky 272xp with a big bore kit and want to upgrade it to the HD air filter. I recently ordered all the parts from my local dealer, only to find the filter holder ( part # 503535501) has been discontinued. Now I have the filter and clamp, but not the elbow from the carb. Anyone have one laying around or know someone who does?

I believe somebody was making some parts for the hd filter set up. A search may show some stuff. I'm not sure if the parts ever got made.

I did find mount, filter and clamp for $125. I only need the mount, so hate to pay that much.

Is it stoekle stacks? I think that’s how it’s spelled. Goes by red beard saws on you tube. 3D prints velocity stacks.

Didnt know there was such a thing, apparently my 272xp already has this option

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Didnt know there was such a thing, apparently my 272xp already has this option

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
The heavy duty filter was also known as the west coast filter. I'm guessing most have the standard filter.

I found his YouTube channel and Facebook page. Sent two emails to address on Facebook page, but no response yet. Hopefully soon, but I'm still searching if anyone has any other contacts.

I
I found his YouTube channel and Facebook page. Sent two emails to address on Facebook page, but no response yet. Hopefully soon, but I'm still searching if anyone has any other contacts.
I'm friends with him on FB I sent him message said to reach out to you.

Back