Husky 345e

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pompedo

Reaction score
My 22 year old Homelite 150 with a 16 inch bar died and am getting something to replace it. I have my sights on a Husky 345e. I only do light work cutting my own firewood and probably use the saw 15 - 20 hours a year. sense to go with the 18 inch bar or does the 16 inch make sense. Looking for thoughts/advice. Thanks

345e w/16" bar would fit the bill quite well I would say. Might also want to consider a Stihl MS250 w/16" bar, or Echo CS440 w/16" bar. They are all about the same price range, and all very good saws.

I'm not sure what size wood you are trying to cut, but the 345 is not a very powerful saw. I think for $250 you could probably find a good used saw on craigs list that is a little bigger. I got my MS290 for $250 at a pawn shop and it had not even run through a full tank of gas yet. I know that a lot of people make fun of the 290, but it isn't the best selling chainsaw Stihl makes by accident.

firewood guys are less brutal

So posting a thread about what saw to use for FIREWOOD is fine here.
Post the same question over there.... you know the result. :chainsaw:

I had a Jred version, and there are 2 345's around here. They are really not a bad setup at all. Smooth running, and a 16" is fine. The 18" is fine as well.

There are a few oddities with them (any saw really). I would look around, and maybe think about a Echo, or a small Stihl.

-Pat

I'm not sure what size wood you are trying to cut, but the 345 is not a very powerful saw. I think for $250 you could probably find a good used saw on craigs list that is a little bigger. I got my MS290 for $250 at a pawn shop and it had not even run through a full tank of gas yet. I know that a lot of people make fun of the 290, but it isn't the best selling chainsaw Stihl makes by accident.

How much power do you need? I cut a lot of pine and a 45cc saw w/18" bar works for me.

Latest posts

Back