Husky 350... bar and chain? mod?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky350

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just picked up a slightly used husky 350 with an 18" bar and chain. I primarly will be using the saw for cutting 3 - 4 cords of firewood a year, plus trimming and cutting down trees around the property when needed. I plan on getting a 16" bar and chain combo; most of the wood i get to cut is 16" or less, but i occasionally get some 24"+ wood that i would use the 18" bar on.

so for the 16" bar and chain.. any recomendations? i read somewhere on here about the non saftey chains? what the story with them?

Also i have read about the muffler mod.. what is involved with doing that? I have searched for instructions but have not found anything.

thanks in advance

I'm currently running a 16" Oregon pro-lite narrow kerf bar with a 20LP non-safety chain. I've also tried the same bar with 95VP safety chain. the 20LP cut's ALOT faster. If you're a newb you might want to try a safety chain first, but I've got limited experience and the 20LP chain has been pretty easy to run. I've also heard good things about Stihl and Wooland's 20NK chain. I'm using my saw mostly on doug fir though, I dunno how it will do on hardwood. BTW, it's running on a 346XP, but this B&C combo was oiginally for a 350 instead that I returned.

Last edited:
I just picked up a slightly used husky 350 with an 18" bar and chain.

so for the 16" bar and chain.. any recomendations? i read somewhere on here about the non saftey chains? what the story with them?

thanks in advance

Click the Baileys sponsor link at the top of each page and call them, they will be able to guide you to what you need. My 350 is wearing a stock Husky 16" bar and Baileys 20NK chain...which I am pleased with. When you talk to them they will be able to recommend a bar & chain combo to suit your cutting needs. :rock:

See also this thread:http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=69172&highlight=20NK

Enjoy your saw!

Last edited:
Click the Baileys sponsor link at the top of each page and call them, they will be able to guide you to what you need. My 350 is wearing a stock Husky 16" bar and Baileys 20NK chain...which I am pleased with. When you talk to them they will be able to recommend a bar & chain combo to suit your cutting needs. :rock:

Enjoy your saw!

Haven't tried it, but I believe that is a very good combination, provided the bar is a NK one.

saw

for the money i think its a great deal and a good set-up. only problem, it claims "Out of Stock".

I called and they do have it.. so i will prob get that setup..

Also.. my stock bar is the 18" husky bar.. currently in need of a chain....

what chain should i get to run on this bar? this way i will have a 16" and 18" combo for my 350

Also... on a side note.. anyone know where i could locate a muffler bolt for my 350?

thanks

i would think Bailey's has everything you need. just call them up and tell them you want that chain for an 18" bar and a new bolt, your GTG!

:rock:

Back